Northwest Native: Friday Favorites: Gone Wedding!

Friday, October 2, 2015

Friday Favorites: Gone Wedding!

I'm going to jump right into it today! I'm linking up with AndreaErika, and Narci for Friday Favorites!

Today is my last day of work until the Wednesday after the wedding. Do you like my clever title? Instead of 'gone fishing' it's 'gone wedding.' Anyone? Bueller? I will be taking seven consecutive work days off. This is the most days off I've had since before I started working in August of 2013. That is my number one favorite. This work week has gone by slowly for me, as you can imagine.

On Tuesday, we walked through our reception venue for the last time. I can't wait to be back here on the big day!

I am obsessed with this bag. If I hadn't just purchased a Kate Spade bag and wallet (and then imposed a shopping ban, and already kind of broke it by purchasing these booties) I would buy this. Even the lining is pretty! I love both colors, and though I'm obsessed with burgundy lately, I'd probably buy the taupe...because all of my clothes are burgundy now and I like the contrast!

I'm also loving this sweater. I've never ordered anything from Flourish before. They followed me on Instagram a few months ago, so I followed back because why not? When they posted this on their Instagram page I fell in love. I love the unique shape and obviously I love that it's burgundy. No, I didn't further break my shopping ban and buy it. But I did sign up for a sale alert on it so maybe in a few months the price will drop and I can snatch it up!

Surprise, surprise. Another sweater I love. Now you know why I have approximately four tops that aren't sweaters (or v-neck tees). I love a good sweater. This one is great because it can be worn with leggings, it's striped, and I've been wanting to add some green to my wardrobe!

Michael's bachelor party is tomorrow night. I love hanging out with Michael, but I also love time to be completely alone for a few hours. I could go out or do something exciting, but instead I'm going to stay in and do something more exciting to me. I'm going to watch Hocus Pocus (and whatever else I want to!) and wear pajamas and burn fall candles and eat ice cream. Probably Trader Joe's cookie butter ice cream because I've never tried it and it sounds amazing. I'm not 100% sure though...what ice cream do you recommend? Preferably one that can be found at Safeway, Target, or Trader Joe's.

I'm also meeting up with my parents tomorrow! We're meeting in the middle in Olympia so my mom can give me some wedding stuff and some packages I had shipped there, like two easels and chalkboards, parts of the gifts for my bridesmaids, my Kate Spade purse and aforementioned booties as well as these booties that are a birthday present I've been anxiously waiting for since July!

I have a problem. I found yet another sweater that I love. I'm going to have tons of stuff I want to buy come November when my shopping ban is lifted. I love poncho style sweaters. I like the black and white all-over print one. I have a plain gray poncho sweater from Old Navy from last winter and it is so warm and cozy! I just think a printed one would be so fun and so cute with jeans and booties!

This song is one of my current favorites. It is so catchy. I looove the beat.

Seriously though...send your ice cream recommendations my way! I'll tell you now though, I'm not a huge fruity dessert person, and I don't want nuts in my ice cream. I've also tried pretty much every Ben & Jerry's flavor and I'm trying to branch out.

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

30 comments:

  1. So Delicious brand of ice cream has a yummy dairy free chocolate fudge brownie ice cream! IT'S SO GOOD! And I love that song! Ellie has such a pretty voice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy having all of that time off work & all of the sweet memories you will be making with family, friends, and your new husband!!! :)
    also... that reception venue - all the heart eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grab the Haagen Dazs when it goes on sale! Their chocolate covered cherry flavour is pretty fantastic.

    Your venue looks gorgeous! I can't wait to see pictures of it all done up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that bag. I have been looking for something like that this year. I always seem to go with black, grey or tan :) And ice cream. I am not a fruity desert person either. It doesn't make sense, lol. Usually ice cream is chocolate but Perry's Peppermint Stick is a seasonal flavor and is really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek! So exciting!!!! I LOVE what you have planned while Michael is out bacheloring it up ... that sounds like my IDEAL night haha!!! I love the Talenti gelato flavors, have you tried those? They are at most grocery stores and oh so delicious ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeep! How exciting!!! I hope you enjoy this very special time in your life. I love cake batter ice cream. I also love Edy's Mint Chocolate crunch slow churned ice cream. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Things are getting real now!!!! Wow....

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU'RE RECEPTION VENUE IS GORGEOUS. Sorry for yelling, I couldn't help it! Go you for taking off work! You deserve it!! I took off 7 days as well and it was glorious! OMG. It's almost wedding week!!! Congrats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love coffee icecream & my second favorite is green tea icecream! Weird that they are both drinks but I like them in the icecream form. I am also obsessed with sweaters! I buy them way too often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for the last work day for you! I took a few days off before and after our wedding too! It's truly needed! Cookies & Cream, it's my favorite ice cream ever- any brand! And yes to Hocus Pocus!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay wedding!!! Have the best time ever!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. can't believe your wedding is around the corner! yay for a full week off of work! your venue is beautiful! can't wait to see more pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eeeeeeek! I can't say eeeeeeek enough for wedding excitment! That reception site looks beeeeautiful.

    Ooooookay, time to go open all the sweater links you posted and fall in love with all of them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha I love that you are excited for a night to yourself, those are seriously the best. I've been dying to watch Hocus Pocus since like August! While I don't have an ice cream recommendation, if you go to TJ's get the pumpkin Joe-Joe's. You're welcome in advance. Dip them or crush them up to put on your ice cream. It's a win-win. Happy wedding week lady!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cannot wait to hear about the wedding, almost there girl!!!

    liz jo @sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the BP sweater & the one from Flourish! So pretty! Your reception venue is GORGEOUS. Can't wait to see photos of you there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. SOOO EXCITING THAT THE WEDDING IS SO SOOOOON!!!! AHHHH!! :D and that reception hall? beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anything by Tillamook is pretty darn delicious. I'm a chocolate ice cream girl so double chocolate fudge is delicious! Also the Haagan Dazz coffee ice cream--yum!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You definitely deserve a vacation! Your reception venue is beautiful-- I'm looking forward to seeing all of your pictures! There are so many fall clothes I want now too & I definitely should do a shopping ban, haha. I don't eat ice cream very often but when I do, I usually get the Breyers CarbSmart kind (I know, it's kind of boring, haha). Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your reception venue!! SO pretty and cool! I also love your taupe ankle booties by BP! I wish I could handle heeled shoes on a daily basis, then I'd totally be ordering them too! When I'm struggling to commit to an ice cream flavor, I go with like a chipwich or Magnum bar--I know I'm late to the game though and you have probably already made this crucial decision! :) Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi pretty lady! I love this Ellie Goulding song too! Let me know if you need any help with wedding stuff over the next few days :) I'm around and have literally no plans!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gone wedding. I love it! :) So exciting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Häagen-Dazs especially the green tea ice cream or their mango sorbet. Yum. Wow the wedding is so close now! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  24. AHHH I am so happy for you!! I hope you had the most relaxing Friday night and I can't wait to read about everything to come in these next few days!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your reception location is stunning! Can't wait to see photos of the big day!

    http://bedknobsandbaubles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. i can't wait for pics!!! and i'm playing that song as we speak!! love her hair, btw lol.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I know I said this already but I am in LOVE with your wedding venue - its gorgeous! I can't wait to see all the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yay for days off! Also, your reception venue is gorgeous! I love the open brick walls. As for ice cream, it's hard for me to break away from B&J's Half Baked, but my other fave is Chocolate Chip mint. Hope you enjoyed your alone time!

    ReplyDelete
  29. ARE YOU BACK YET? I wanna hear about your weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. CONGRATULATIONS!! can't wait to see and hear more about the big day!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete