Northwest Native: Fall-la-la-la-la!

Monday, October 26, 2015

Fall-la-la-la-la!

Today is my birthday! We celebrated all weekend long, starting with taco night and movies Friday night, Indian lunch buffet Saturday, and brunch made by Michael yesterday morning. Tonight we're going to Purple Cafe & Wine Bar because it's Seattle Restaurant Week where you get three courses for $30, and I hear it's delicious! We also may have gotten a gift card to Purple for the wedding, so it's perfect!

I actually woke up feeling pretty sick on Friday though, so we laid low most of the weekend, which means no weekend recap! I have been seeing a few versions of fall questionnaires going around, so I totally copied Dani and chose my favorite questions from both to answer. I was also tempted to do a birthday post like Kaitlin did, but I just went with my love of fall instead!

Favorite thing about fall
Unless you're new around here, you know that fall is my absolute favorite. So really, I love everything about fall (as evidenced here). I think my love of fall stems from being excited about my birthday. I was always so excited when October came around, because what little kid doesn't love their birthday?! And then of course came Halloween. And as the years went on I realized I loved everything about fall! We celebrated our wedding this fall and will now have an anniversary to celebrate every fall to come!

Favorite fall drink
At Starbucks, my favorite is definitely the toasted graham latte. So good. When I drink coffee at home or work, it's normally with nonfat hazelnut creamer, and it always tastes even better in the fall! Last year, Michael and I went on a hot chocolate kick in December. This year we started earlier and I've been loving that too. If we're talking about adult beverages, I usually drink the same things year round. But I guess I'm a pretty big fan of hard cider, which is a fall staple.

Favorite fall candle
I have two spice cake candles by Yankee Candle that I love! I bought pumpkin cheesecake and pumpkin coconut 3-wick candles from Bath & Body Works (my first BBW candles!) and haven't burned them yet...so maybe one of those will become my favorite!

Favorite fall snack
Alllllllll the pumpkin spice baked goods. Breads, scones, cookies (like pumpkin spice Oreos or the pumpkin Joe Joes from Trader Joe's--thanks to Laura for telling me I needed to try them!).

Favorite fall sweet treat
Well, see above, I guess!

Favorite fall movie
Hocus Pocus and Halloweentown for sure.

Favorite fall clothing
Boots and booties and sweaters are probably my three favorite things to wear, period. I have waaay more sweaters than I have any other type of top. My favorite recent sweater purchase is this one, and the two sweaters at the top of my wish list currently are this one and this one. I also just ordered this one (it was 40% off on Friday, maybe it still is!) so I'm hoping I love it on! My favorite booties are these (in cognac) and these (in putty).

Favorite fall song
I honestly don't have one. I feel like there are songs that remind me of summer, and of course songs that remind me of winter because Christmas music, duh... I guess now that we're married Only Love by Ben Howard (our first dance song) will remind me of our wedding, which was in the fall...so maybe that.

Skinny jeans or leggings
Skinny jeans if I'm wearing booties, leggings if I'm wearing boots.

Black Friday?
Sort of. My mom and sister-in-law and I like to go at like one o'clock in the afternoon to Target on Black Friday. Clearly we're not in it for some crazy TV deal or anything. We usually browse clothes and movies. It's nice chill family bonding time, usually including Starbucks. I've also been to one Thanksgiving with Michael's family and we didn't do anything Black Friday-related. Well, I bought one of my all-time favorite sweaters (pictured below) online, but that's it.

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

27 comments:

  1. I'm loving these fall themed posts! I might have to steal this :) Happy birthday, doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I love the pumpkin photo! I miss Starbucks fall drinks so much, I'd love to get my hands on a salted caramel and try the toasted graham!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that puppy sweater :). I love it!! Happy Birthday. I had a Carmel apple cider at Starbucks and it was wonderful. I ask them to make it with half of the usual syrup and its perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthdayyyyyyy! i'm singing it over here. and i love all things fall too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! Whenever I've done shopping on Black Friday it's always just at a normal hour too. I haven't tried the toasted graham latte, but it sounds like something I would like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Mattie!!! And I love everything about this post!! You channel my love for fall :) I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, Happy Birthday!!!! I LOVE Purple, have such a great time!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your celebrations tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday!! I hope you're feeling better and have a wonderful day! I am totally into the toasted graham latte too, it's my new go-to drink! And I'm eyeing my first Bath and Body Works candle--the Italy one that smells like coffee. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday! Sometimes laying low and relaxing for your birthday is just what you need! Especially in the midst of wedding and moving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday!!!! Fall is just the best, I am with you on so many of these things. And craving some hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday!!!! How perfect that restaurant week lined up with your birthday! Winning.

    How have I missed pumpkin Joe-Joes at TJ's?! I fail at Trader's Joe-ing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay Happy Birthday lady! I can't believe you haven't had BBW candles before! They are the best, but also addicting and slightly expensive so it's an annoying addiction to have (says the girl who bought 4 more of their candles Friday night). I'm glad I shared the pumpkin joe-joes with you. They are so good right? Which reminds me I'm long over due for a TJs visit. Hope you have the best day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved that all of your bday celebrating revolved around food. You and I would get along just great! I hope that you enjoy the rest of your birthday and that you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday~~ Sorry you were sick though boo hoo!!! That sweater though...love it.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy happy birthday!!! Enjoy your dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday! (:
    Loveeeee that sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday! Hope that you're feeling better and that you get to enjoy all of today too. Love this fall post!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loved your fall-themed post! I am loving the toasted Graham lattes, also. Happy Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved your fall-themed post! I am loving the toasted Graham lattes, also. Happy Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Birthday Mattie!!! And I don't think I've said it yet ---- CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a Mrs! I am so excited for you guys :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy birthday awesome lady!!!!
    I wantto havethat latte in your honor :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy birthday! Sorry you weren't feeling well this weekend-hope you're doing better! I haven't tried the taste graham latte yet-I need to do it ASAP, but every time I go, I want the caramel apple spice! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy birthday lady! I just tried the toasted graham latte a few weeks ago & it was delicious! I haven't been back since but now I want another one. Black Friday is crazy! Plus, I think you get better deals if you wait until cyber Monday (at least I've had some good luck). I'm a little late on responding so I'm sure you're already done celebrating! Hope it was a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yayyyy happy belated birthday! And thanks for the shout out! I need to try that SB drink, but I keep forgetting. How have you never gotten BBW candles?!?! I hope you love them as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete