Northwest Native: TWOsday [9.22.15]

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

TWOsday [9.22.15]

Sooo I finally remembered to link up with Stephanie for TWOsday! I'm excited because 1. I love Stephanie and her blog and 2. all you have to do is just share two random things...and that definitely takes a lot of work out of writing a post for me. :)

Michael showed me this video over the weekend, and it is hilarious and amazing. [Note: there is language and some scantily clad women--it is a rap video after all. So definitely don't watch it if that will offend you or there are children present.] He actually made me listen to the song without watching the video first, and then watch the video after, because just hearing it, you'd never guess that the main rapper looks like he does. It's kind of a parody of most rap songs and videos that talk about all the money they make and spend on crazy extravagant things. This guy wanted to make a crazy over the top rap video...for free. So he goes around asking people if they can use their fancy house or their fancy car or their nightclub...for free, which you get to see in the video, peppered in with the actual song. There are also a bunch of random celebrity cameos...which were also free.

Costco swirl fro-yo. Need I say more?
Yes, this was after some had been eaten. And yes, I'm in my car. I wanted to take a picture of it while it was still pretty but at our impromptu Costco trip we ended up buying this. And then we had to take it to the car. And load it in the car. (And don't get me started about getting it up to our apartment.)
Five cases of Corona and thirty liters of wine. You know, enough to get us through the week. In reality, this is all of our wine for the wedding, and half of our beer. Michael wanted one Mexican beer because he has Mexican roots. We'll be going back for five cases of local beer, probably Elysian. This wine ended up being half the price of the cheapest bottles of wine we found online at BevMo.

No, our wedding will not have an open bar or fancy cocktails. You know why? Because we gotta save dat money (see number one if the reference is lost on you).

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

25 comments:

  1. save dat money, girl! hehe that video was too hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I totally get not having an open bar. People drink WAY too much during open bars any way... I know, I speak from experience. LOL! That swirl fro-yo.... yes please! Looks amazing!!
    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so you picked up enough for Tuesday and Wednesday, but where's the alcohol for the rest of the week?

    Just kidding. Good on you for buying your own alcohol. Our venue wouldn't allow it (boo)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha!! Love this!! You're all set! And I would like a cup of that Fro-yo NOW!! ;-) Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, love the costco froyo!! We got all of our beer/wine there too for our wedding! Yours is so soon, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep... save that money - let people that want to drink cash it out themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never had a costco fro yo before! Didn't watch the video because of the computer I'm on, so I'll watch it later.

    And wow is your wedding going to be large? I feel like if you're still going to buy more it must be large wedding. Then again I'm a terrible judge on things

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Costco. Is. The. Bomb. And if I could have yogurt/ice-cream I would get one of those things every time I go. Have you tried their smoothies though? That thing is amazing!!!!! My mom also loves their Mocha Frappe thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you were getting looks in Costco with all that booze and still feeling like a bad ass. I've heard a lot of people save money by buying alcohol at Costco for their wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish there was a Costco around me! We would have to spend a fortune for that beer/wine around here! I totally agree with you on not having an open bar!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are killing me today (insert crying eyes while laughing emoji here). That video = hilariousness. Seriously dying while watching it. Love it. And yes to Costco for wedding alcohol. And no open bar for us either...wine and beer was def enough! Um you KILLED IT with the TWOSday :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. amen about saving that money!!!! we didn't have any alcohol at our wedding b/c we would've had to pay an outrageous fee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This video is cracking me up. Pretty cool story behind it. And now all I can think about is froyo so thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Costco froyo!!!! I miss living five minutes from Costco!

    ReplyDelete
  15. screw having an open bar! as if. we did not have one lol and people were fine. we had beer and wine, that's it. meanwhile, why doesn't my costco have froyo?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am with your husband on Mexican beer! Dos XX dressed is my favorite and Corona is next in line!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  17. that wine looks great! and what a fun post. love the TWOsday linkup idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. P.S. what's the countdown until the wedding?!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had no idea that Costco sold froyo?! I haven't been there in awhile but have been needing to make a trip. Kirkland wine is actually really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahaha that music video is ridiculous!! I am dying to get a Costco membership! And they have froyo! What more could you want?!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gosh I just love Costco!!
    Smart couple to stock up on the beer and wine and not have an open bar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I need to check out this video asap! And that froyo looks fantastic right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yum, fro yo!! Lugging all of that booze sounds like a nightmare though! Good thing you have some booze to take the edge off! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so smart! $20,000 for an open bar is ridiculous. Having a few options seems like a great idea. Just having a few options is good enough! Oh man, the frozen yogurt--yum!!

    ReplyDelete