Northwest Native: Stuff Michael Says [9.3.15]

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Stuff Michael Says [9.3.15]

I've read posts like this on Nadine and Emily's blogs and they always crack me up. Michael is always spouting some gems, so I thought I should write a post of my own. A couple of these are reeeally old quotes, but I had Facebook'd them and was able to dig them up.


When we went to the peony garden after my bridal shower, he picked up these buckets and told me to take a picture of him carrying them, like he was working on a farm. I'm telling you, he says and does the weirdest stuff.

Michael is allergic to cats, and even a little bit afraid of them (I think the fear stems from allergies and dislike). Our last marriage prep class was at a couple's house, and their cat was on an ottoman in the middle of the room grooming itself: "What is she doing?!" Pause. "I assume it's a girl, because it's a cat." When he was little he thought dogs were boys and cats were girls and he apparently still feels that way (even though our dogs are both female).

One night we were walking home from being out to dinner and a helicopter flew past. Michael exclaimed, "Oh shit a motorcycle. Air motorcycle! Helicopter!"

At one point, No Diggity was playing, and Michael was singing along and changed the words: "I like the way you twerk it, no dignity!" This was right around Miley's infamous VMA performance, so I decided it was her new theme song.

One day in our old apartment we were just sitting around. A fruit fly flew past us.
Michael: "What the f*ck is this bird doing?!"
Me: "That's not a bird!"
Michael: "What do you mean, that's a baby bird!!!"
I died laughing.

This isn't so much something he said, but it was pretty hilarious. We were stuck in traffic the other day. I was driving, Michael was controlling the music. He chose Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) by Silento...and then proceeded to do the entire dance all out sitting in his seat. I was cracking up. And then he made me do it. He actually said we should end our first dance at our wedding with part of that song and do the dance.

This isn't something Michael said either, but when I was researching for my what's your sign post, I looked up the compatibility between our signs (Scorpio and Capricorn). It kept referring to Capricorn as Sea Goat and I was cracking up. I think I have a new nickname for him. :)

A couple weeks ago, we went to JcPenney because Michael wanted to look at jeans. He tried on a bunch of Levis, and then he tried on a pair with stretch in them (for the first time ever). You would've thought they were woven by angels. It was so funny to see his reaction, since I only ever wear stretch jeans. He was fascinated and in love. He raved about them.


Another picture he asked me to take at the peony garden. I'm telling you, he's a weirdo. But he's my weirdo!

I'm linking up with Rebecca Jo for Thankful Thursday (because I am thankful for this crazy and the laughs he provides!) and Amanda for Thinking Out Loud Thursday!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

26 comments:

  1. This is too funny! I rock out to Silento in my car, too. I had to youtube to learn what the heck all the dance moves were, though. He seems like a ton of fun. I don't doubt you will be laughing much of your life together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so important to have someone that can make you laugh so easily and by this post, he keeps you cracking up! It seems like the best time to break out any and all dance moves is when you're stuck in traffic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These men... they keep life entertaining.
    I've seen some flies I would swear are baby birds too! HUGE!
    That last picture is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bah ha ha!! What a guy!! I wonder oh wonder if my Hubbs will do this!! They keep our lives interesting for sure!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always good to have someone who makes you laugh and be you. And what is with this whip and nae nae? the other day Kyle did the exact moves and I was just reeling in "How do you know this??"

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww hahaha I love the baby bird one! And the picture at the end. So awesome. I keep a note open in my phone for all the shit my husband says, I should do something with them. My favorite is (you might already read her blog) camppatton.com, her "simon says" posts are the best.

    x. Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to be friends with Michael!!!!! Hahah!!! I love goofy people and he sounds like a lot of fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love him!!! I died over the "is it a bird, or a fly" conundrum. Totally could have been a baby bird haha!
    You two are the cutest....so excited for October for ya guys AHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! Love that he poses for pictures with you. You should totally end your wedding dance w/ that song it would be great :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, Farmer Michael! Or should I say Farmer Sea Goat?! That would be hilarious if you ended your wedding dance with that! And yeah, I've totally said things like "air motorcycle" when I can't think of the correct word for something! Love these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha you posted yours!!!! His weird pictures are cracking me up! You wonder how they think they are going to turn out when they are posing for them. I like his version of No Diggity. Hilarious!!! Sea goat!!! Hahahahaha. Our boys, they keep us entertained!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He sounds so entertaining! This should be an ongoing series because I died about the motorcycle/helicopter one! Thankfully no one was around me here at work. And then the bird/fruit fly one too, haha. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh he sounds hysterical, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bahaha love it! Insert the crying laughing emoji right here because that's me right now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You guys look like you have a lot of fun together and that counts for ALOT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. life is too short to not be crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those pictures are amazing. You two seem totally smitten, it's so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So. Much. Fun. The baby bird. I hate those flies!!!!! Glad you have someone to make you smile all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahahah I love that you were nae-naeing in the car!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh this gave me a good LoL. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha, I want to be his friend! I mean, you're too, but these are priceless... You two sure are a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  22. "I like the way you twerk it" are the new & improved lyrics to No Diggity. Might I say, it's not what Michael says, but it's the pictures he poses for that makes me truly adore him :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's hysterical! I've been slowly amassing a stack of texts form my husband for a similar reason.

    ReplyDelete
  24. "I like the way you twerk it, no dignity!" LOVE it.

    there's a peony garden? like all the time? those are my FAVORITE. and we get them here maybe one month out of the year, and i'm damned lucky if i catch them at the stores because they sell out so fast. i'm jealous, i think.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hahaahaha this is such a sweet post! Your man sounds like such a blast.

    ReplyDelete