Northwest Native: October Goals [2015]

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

October Goals [2015]

TOMORROW IT IS OCTOBER. Also known as the month that I get married! And...don't forget that Julie and I's second Tell Us About It link-up is tomorrow! The topic for tomorrow's post is favorite things about your state. This can be the state you grew up in, the state you live in now, your favorite state...or pick a few if you can't decide!
Now, on to the goals. First, I'll recap how I did on my September goals.

Reading
I finished Americanah by September 21st for the Summer Reading Challenge, meaning I completed my first ever reading challenge! I didn't get to Where'd You Go Bernadette? in time, so the library loan expired. And apparently, you can't renew loans on eBooks. But I'm still calling it a win because I read Eleanor & Park, I'll Give You The Sun, and I'm almost done with Left Neglected, in fact, I may finish it before October officially begins. I'll be reviewing these books next Wednesday. All three of those books were on my to-read list, and I will get back on the list for Where'd You Go Bernadette? at the library to read later.

Exercise
I did better for the most part! My Fitbit definitely helped motivate me, but I didn't get 10,000 steps every day in September. I let myself have relaxing days to focus on wedding planning, and also to focus on just relaxing because wedding planning can be stressful! So I think this is still a win. I was much more active this month than I was in months past.

Healthy Eating
I did a lot better! Yes, I cheated a few times, but I have to cheat or I will go crazy and binge. We also did one huge grocery shopping trip instead of trying to buy as little as possible at a time to save money. We never save money in the long run because we have to go back and buy more, so it made more sense to make the big purchase and have healthy food at home to eat.

Detox
I stopped drinking coffee every day at work! I think my lowest was either two or three days in a work week. I'm drinking it more now, and might go back to drinking it every morning at work, but I'm okay with it.

Drink more water!
Yes! I made sure to drink at least three 24-oz Camelbaks of water every day. And again, the Fitbit was really helpful here because you can enter the water you drink into it!

I'm feeling really good about my progress in September. I think I'll also be able to achieve October's goal...

GET MARRIED!
Yep, that's it. That's my one goal for October because come on, there's enough stress in my life with the wedding coming up, I don't need to be worrying about other things.

I'm linking up with Holly for Waiting on Wednesday and The Monthly Goals Link-Up which should be live tomorrow!
Monthly Goals

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

31 comments:

  1. october is my birthday month! my fave month out of the year!! yay for wedding month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on killing your September goals! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ALMOST OCTOBER! So excited for your wedding!! I know you'll remember this month forever! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well... I just love fall and October. It's my favorite. Of all time! I just posted about my Halloween decor yesterday. This year is my first year decorating like this. I'm not done either! I want some hay and some pumpkins on my porch.

    Congrats on getting married! You're gonna love the married life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Eve Before Your Wedding Month!! Ha ;) Eeeeeek!

    So I've been trying to get through Where'd You Go Bernadette for about two months and I just can't...so maybe it's not a bad thing the loan expired...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been trying to stop drinking coffee every day! I want to only drink it when I really need it so that it actually does something haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh yay for wedding month! good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you know, just getting married this month (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). Wooo! I read Where'd you go Bernadette and really liked it (especially given the Seattle tie in!!). I also read Eleanor & Park and liked it! I could totally see it becoming a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally have been trying to cut back on the coffee but I find it to be so hard. I totally need to, I drink way too much of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great goal to have for October :)

    OHHH boo on the Berndatte book but isn't Eleanor & Park fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi. I found your blog through the Waiting on Wednesday link up. Congratulations on your wedding!! I am looking forward to getting to know more bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your goal for October! It's almost here! I would go crazy too if I didn't cheat every once in awhile. I don't know if I could stop drinking coffee! I just really enjoy the taste rather than needing the caffeine, hah.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh I forgot about the link up, but I totally have a post about Idaho from a while back... I might cheat and link that one up?? I can't believe it's your wedding month! Congrats lady!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a wonderful wedding!! Congrats! Great goals!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that quote about Octobers-seriously the best month! Happy wedding month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm excited for you with your wedding coming up! Can't wait to hear about it and see pictures! I'm sure you will look b-e-a-utiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did awesome with your goals! and yay for wedding month almost!! That is SO exciting, I am so excited for you! Girl you need to encourage me to work out, I need someone to tell me to just do it!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahahaha I love your October goal!!! You did awesome for September! I have Eleanor and Park and Bernadette on my to read list...I really need to get to those! Happy wedding month!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay!! October has the best goal! I can't wait to see the pics and hear about your honeymoon and all of the oh so fun things that come with a wedding!!!

    Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's the best goal of all! And props to you on the coffee thing - I wouldn't have lasted a day!

    I'm so glad you reminded me about the link up - I almost forgot! Though mine will be about my province, not my state haha

    ReplyDelete
  20. You killed it on your September goals, but I love your October goal the most!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay for wedding month!! What a perfect goal for October!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's here! It's here! So excited for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh my so many different things involved in your monthly goal awesome goals in my opinion
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think your wedding is definitely enough to focus on without stressing about other goals!

    Good job in September!

    ReplyDelete
  25. YAY!!! That is a very exciting goal :) Good thinking on making it your only goal, I'm sure it's all-consuming right now!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm sure the wedding planning is crazy stressful, but YAY! you're so close!

    ReplyDelete
  27. YAY for getting married! If I were prepping for a wedding, I wouldn't attempt to do much else either. Looking forward to reading your thoughts on Ill Give You The Sun. I've heard it's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great job on your goals Mattie! I read all of one book this month--one that I started back in June! I'm pretty sure getting married is the best goal ever. I'm excited to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hooray for marriage and, what a perfect month for it! Such a cute blog, so glad I found you on the monthly goals link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) 008376918351 Thank you.

    ReplyDelete