Northwest Native: Friday Favorites: Style & Scones

Friday, September 18, 2015

Friday Favorites: Style & Scones

Yesterday almost felt like Sunday since I took the day off but had to go to work today! Thankfully, today is still Friday and the weekend is in sight! I'm linking up with AndreaErika, and Narci for Friday Favorites and April for Five on Friday!

I placed two Old Navy orders to spend Super Cash that I earned when that was going on. They arrived yesterday. I am returning two things and definitely keeping two things. This top is a question mark. I LOVE it...but I tried it on on Sunday (I know, I was so impatient waiting for my order to arrive that I had to try it on in store) and it felt tight and restrictive in the arms. It's a boxy fit though, so sizing up would make it look sloppy. When I tried it last night, the arms were fitted but didn't feel as tight. I have been eating healthier and I worked out six days in a row (probably a record for me). So I'm wondering if this shirt is just made with slightly larger arms or if I've just slimmed my arms down a bit.
I know it's not a great picture. You can see it on the site here. On the model, the arms are loose, which makes me feel like I should return it. So tell me, do you like it (as far as you can tell)? Do you think the arms will be an issue if I stop working out as much (which is bound to happen)? Do you think it's just made differently than the other one? Orrr do you think the arms should be loose so I should definitely return it?

This sweater is perfection. It is sooo ridiculously soft. It has a v-neck. When I tried it on in store, I was kind of nervous, but I was wearing light jeans practically the same color as the sweater and flats. I loved it with leggings and boots though! Still can't find it online, but I've seen it in multiple Target stores (oh yeah, it's $25!). They also have a dark gray and a blush pink color.

Fair scones. Do they have these scones or this scone mix anywhere else? It's made in Washington, and they sell the scones (that are filled with jam and delicious) at the Washington State Fair. My coworker went on Monday night and brought scones on Tuesday for the entire office. It was amazing.

Suede skirts. So in elementary school, my best friend and I thought we had awesome style. We once bought these patchwork suede skirts that were tan and rust and brown and olive all patched together. They were horrible. They were either from the kids section at Nordstrom or Limited Too. I think we wore them with turtlenecks. But suede skirts are back and I'm kind of loving them. Or at least this one. I've also seen bloggers rocking denim skirts with the buttons down the front and I think they look cute...but I'm so not ready to accept denim skirts back into my life.
 
Michael and I have been drinking hot chocolate every single night. It's amazing. We did this last year around Christmas time, but I guess we decided to start the tradition earlier. Yesterday it was dreary and rainy all day, so it was perfect to come home after my final dress fitting and have some cocoa.

This weekend I have an appointment at Nordstrom to figure out how I'm going to have my sister do my makeup for the wedding! I've also got my returns to make to Old Navy. Other than that, we'll probably just be home. Do you have any exciting weekend plans?

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

25 comments:

  1. I will def have to check out that Target sweater! I'm all about the soft, cozy, long sweaters this year, apparently! Ugh, I hate when you try something on in store and then it comes in the mail and the fit is off. That ON shirt is super cute though, I hope it works out for you! I feel like everything I ordered with my Super Cash is that same color, haha! #twins And Limited Too, omg. The only lip gloss I've ever used up was from Limited Too--it was lavender and blue swirled in the container, and I'm pretty sure the shade was called "Razzleberry" haha. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was less intrigued by the sweater and more by the scarf. I love the print! I'm guessing it's from Old Navy as well? I have a leopard print circle scarf from there from years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lurve me some hot chocolate and great minds think alike! I posted/mentioned the same skirt in my Friday Favorites, too! Hope you and Michael have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never too early for hot chocolate girl, it makes you feel all cozied up! I love your new sweater and I adore me some suede skirts! Hope you have a spectacular we can beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need that sweater - going to Target to see today! I have a suede skirt with buttons down the front from college ... hmmm, maybe it's okay to wear it again!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, hot cocoa is always a good idea!!! It was so gross out yesterday! And exciting about your final dress fitting and picking out the make up!! It's happening sooo sooon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like if you're having any issues with the shirt you should return it. My usual way to weed out clothes is to ask: can I wear it any time of the month or for any occasion? Will I feel restricted wearing it? Will I wear it more than once after the initial new clothes phase is gone? Maybe wait on it for a few days before making a final decision?

    I just bought some clothes from old navy and I'm waiting for them to arrive :)

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, that Target sweater looks SO cute on you ... you styled it perfectly! Thanks for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Target sweater looks so good on you. I have not seen that in there. Totally need to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that shirt, but if it isn't comfortable, don't keep it! You can find another one you love. And that target sweater is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh if only I wasn't on a spending freeze I'd be jaunting over to Target to buy that sweater! Amazing! I'm jealous of your low key weekend. We have a football game tonight (tailgate), getting my furnace repaired and a beer festival tomorrow (super excited!), and we plan to go see the Scorch Trials Sunday plus dinner with my folks and a softball game. I see zero time for relaxation in there....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes to the blue sweater and the skirt!!! You look SOO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just had some hot chocolate this morning! Yum! I love that sweater...it is so cute! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have fun with the makeup trial :)
    I LOVE that blue sweater. It fits you so cute!
    I hold off on hot chocolate until the brrrr of winter hits but you just made me want to jump on it earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OLD NAVVYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the cutest rompers there (well, my mom got them for me) and I can't wait to wear them. That sweater is everything. I need it just for lounging tomorrow morning or something. AHH!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sweater is so cute, especially the way you have it styled! Yay for makeup trials. Your big day is right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That sweater is so cute and perfect for fall! Love your hot cocoa tradition, so fun! That's so nice your sister is doing your makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You make me want hot chocolate and cozy Target sweaters. I think I will go make both of those things happen! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. okay so the sweater is SO INCREDIBLY CUTE. i LOVE IT.
    and kristen and i were recently talking about the random clothes from middle school showing up. what the actual crap, right? some of it i love but some of it i absolutely hate. the denim skirts are a no, but the suede ones aren't so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That sweater is fall perfection! I like the boxy red top from Old Navy...I have one that is similar but it's not plaid, it's like...embroidered on the front? I don't know! Anyways, I think it looks good from what I can tell! Definitely different than what you see online and I always have to be IN LOVE with a piece to keep it so I totally get it :) I want to get into the habit of drinking tea every night so that I don't feel like I need a snack...but hot cocoa sounds much better because I can get a chocolate fix too ;) Happy weekending to you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE the sweater the best! How much was it? It's sooo cute and perfectly loose! Ahhh! I love Old Navy. My SIL works there and she always has the cutest stuff for her and her fam. I like the fist shirt, too!! Hopefully you like it better when it comes in. ps we are the same haha I am so impatient for clothes when I online shop, going to the store isn't a bad idea at all to try it on!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  22. that one shirt DOES look like it has super loose arms on the model--but I'm sure it'll look good on you, even if the arms do fit a little differently. it's so cute! also, that sweater?! YES PLEASE!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't really see the details of that first top so I can't give you an opinion on that-sorry! As for that Target sweater-- perfection! I'd probably grab the blush color because I love that shade for fall! Last dress fitting)?? How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is so weird about the Old Navy shirt! I have a thing where if I don't love the item or I know it's going to be uncomfortable, then I should probably not buy it and/or return it. I think it looks fine in your picture (I can't see where the arms look tight?). I personally kind of hope denim skirts come back, haha. Short ones though, not the long ones. I don't usually like suede but I found a black suede vest at JC Penney & almost bought it! Hope you've had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that sweater from target! I'm going to definitely look for it next time I go. And yes to hot chocolate! Never too early :)

    ReplyDelete