Northwest Native: Friday Favorites: Plaid & Presidents

Friday, September 25, 2015

Friday Favorites: Plaid & Presidents

I have a short and sweet post for you today! And I'm linking up with AndreaErika, and Narci for Friday Favorites and April for Five on Friday!

The Chinese President is a major diva. He was in Seattle for a few days this week staying at the Westin. A few blocks around the hotel were completely closed off. Driving home from work one day, I drove right past the barricade and there were tons of cops and a police dog, who I can only assume was there to sniff for bombs and weapons. His motorcade was also something ridiculous like 78 vehicles or something. And they shut down entire stretches of freeway during peak rush hour traffic when he was on the move. Obama stayed at the same hotel a few months ago and literally nothing was shut down.

I am dying to try the toasted graham latte. I first read about it on Wednesday, and though the description, "almost burnt, in a good way" kind of scares me...I'll probably try it out on my lunch break today. I do wish it could be more s'mores like though, as the article mentions. Marshmallow syrup, anyone?

As if I didn't already want to watch Hocus Pocus badly enough... I actually didn't grow up watching Hocus Pocus every year. My best friend did though, and she got me hooked on it in elementary school or maybe even middle school. Now it's a classic in my mind and I will force my own children to watch it with me, whether they like it or not. (I'm going to be an awesome mom one day, you know? Haha!)

The second I saw this headline and picture I squealed with glee inside. Sweet old men and rescued pups coming together...what more could you want?!

I know plaid is a thing every fall, but this is the first fall that I've been crazy into it. The only plaid I own currently is a pencil skirt and vest from Old Navy last season. This year, though, I'm all about the plaid. I've tried like five plaid things with no luck now, so I scoured and found the items below to maybe try out! You can click the arrow button to scroll through the items. (The dress pants and the pea coat aren't showing the plaid color option, unfortunately. But the more that I look at that pea coat the more I'm convinced I need it in navy!)
Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

23 comments:

  1. My husband and I both love Hocus Pocus and watch it every year! I'm loving the wine colored pullover sweater from Old Navy! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old Navy is so on point (excuse me, on flee) this season! Seriously.

    And now I'm off to go eat marshmallow fluff since you brought up marshmallows...;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen the movie Hocus Pocus. My sister loves that movie. haha I love marshmallow! I made a flutternutter sandwich for lunch today! A flutternutter sandwich is peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard lots of good things about the toasted graham latte too, so I'm super curious about it myself! And I totally placed another Old Navy order this week (although, no plaid)! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH EM GEE! I forgot! It's Hocus Pocus time! I am off to watch it NOW!

    p.s. You should totally watch Coraline. You will thank me later :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um I need to try that Latte. Like asap. I have another fall cup today :) OMG the guys with the dogs is the sweetest :) HAPPYYYYY FRIDAYYYYY

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom calls me EVERY TIME Hocus Pocus is on. She's crazy about it more then I am :)
    Isnt it crazy the security that some dignitaries have? Prince Charles & Camilla was in town during the Spring & I actually drove past them on the expressway going in the opposite direction - I did a princess wave :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post..latte, hocus pocus, plaid...I think I'm going to wear plaid while drinking the new latte and watching Hocus Pocus today :p

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's the third time of heard about this toasted graham latte this morning - until today I had never even heard of it! Now I'm super intrigued!

    My fall wardrobe is sooo lacking right now but I'm also trying to stick to a super tight budget so I might be wearing Summer clothes through until next Spring... haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I actually own that coat in black lol! And I'm with you on Hocus Pocus- I actually did the tour when I was in Salem, MA!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm super curious about the Toasted Graham latte. I just have a feeling it's super expensive because it's new. I typically get an americano to avoid all the costs! haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so curious about that latte as well! If you try it review it on the blog for us, ha ha! This is the first season I've really been into plaid as well, I'm just loving it, so much that I may become plaid obsessed. But you're right, I tried a few pieces and not all the plaid works. Here's to a fantastic weekend my friend, I hope it's full of love and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so curious about that latte too! Definitely going to give it a try this weekend! I love that first plaid Old Navy sweater and the red plaid shirt. I rarely shop at Old Navy, but it looks like I need to!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was super excited when I found a plaid dress at old navy but it didn't look right, so back it went :( and it was perfect for fall. Definitely trying out that graham latte. I've heard too many things about it now to not try it.

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahaha that dog train! SO CUTE!!!!!! seriously old men, they're the cutest!! and those Hocus Pocus facts were awesome! I don't think I've watched it every year but I've seen it a BUNCH and those facts just made it better :) I heard rumors they might do a second one, that would be so cool! Happpppy weekend!!

    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  16. "The Chinese President is a major diva." What a way to kick off a post! hahahahaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't own any plaid stuff but I think this might be the year for it! And that is crazy about the Chinese president! What a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hahaha I love that you called him a diva! That sweatshirt is so cute because it's not over the top plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't heard of the toasted graham latte! Sounds wayyyy better than a PSL... might need to try it this weekend! I love that story about the guy & the dog train-- so cute! I used to love plaid but I haven't wore it in years. I really like the Old Navy tops you put up.. why does Old Navy have to have such cute stuff! I want to buy it all :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Would love to hear what you think of the latte when you try it! I heard it's not as sweet as the PSL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am loving plaid, too! I feel like I could wear it all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So, I have never seen Hocus Pocus. Is it worth watching now, or is it one of those that really benefit from being part of nostalgic childhood memories? Disney World throws a great Halloween party every year, and this year there's a live stage show based on Hocus Pocus that people seem to be losing their minds over...I feel like I'm out of the loop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say watch it! I didn't watch it until I was older(ish), and even then I wasn't obsessed with it. I only recently became super into it. If you don't love if when you watch it, then you'll know and you won't have to watch it again!

      Delete