Northwest Native: What's Your Sign Link-Up!

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

What's Your Sign Link-Up!

I was pretty excited when Nadine announced this link-up! I'm not big into astrology. I don't read my horoscope every day or anything (although if I stumbled across it I probably would...but I don't take much stock in them!). BUT I do know that a lot of Scorpio traits do resonate with me. I think that's kind of the point of astrology...if you associate enough traits with a sign, people are going to look for one(s) that they associate with.
Can I just say that I've always loved that the Scorpio symbol is an 'M'? Makes it feel like I'm really meant to be a Scorpio!

These next few traits, as well as the above image, were found here. I thought I'd break it up into things I resonate with and things that are not me at all.

True
"They are stubborn and determined to succeed."
I am absolutely stubborn. And so is Michael. You can imagine how fun that can be at times... But he's a Capricorn.
"They're also complex and secretive."
I would like to think I'm complex. I mean I know I sometimes blog about clothes and shoes and I'm a huge fan of those things, but that's not all there is to me! And by secretive I don't mean I lie to people or anything. Mostly I keep my feelings inside (which is mentioned later as well). I also won't tell a secret that someone else told me.
"The element associated with Scorpio is Water."
I know there's some 'meaning' to water signs and fire signs and whatever. But I just really love the water so I like that I'm a water sign.
"The Scorpio's emotions are repressed, kept under cover."
Like I said before...yep! I try not to show when I'm upset. And sometimes even if I want to show it I just can't because that's how I am!
"They can take an insignificant matter and turn it into a huge slight. Beware the Scorpio who feels crossed! These folks can turn vindictive in no time flat. Luckily, once Scorpios catch their breath, they will return to their usual determined and loyal (albeit strong-willed) ways."
Yeah...I'm pretty ashamed of this. I can say things I don't mean in the heat of the moment and be wracked with guilt later on.
"Scorpios love competition in both work and play, which is why they'll air it out in sports and games."
Sports? No. But games? Bring it on. We do these monthly bonding activities at work. One month I brought Catch Phrase (which I love!). I was super into it, of course. And this guy (who happened to be on the other team, and also who told a coworker he was jealous of the 'eye candy' he got to sit by, referring to me...and has said similar things about other female employees so I'm not a huge fan) referred to me as 'Mandy' and I pretty much yelled, "My name is not Mandy!!!" Hahaha. Some of my coworkers like to bring that up every once in a while.
"When it comes to love, though, Scorpios soften up a bit and are caring and devoted with their lovers, even if they do hold on a bit tight."
I really hate the word 'lover.' But anyway, I'm SO sassy. Michael and I met our freshman year of college, and I was so sassy to him. I was sassy to him any time we talked throughout the years, even during our junior year when we started talking that eventually turned into us dating. I think he was shocked that when we started dating I became so loving.

Big fat NOPE!
"Extreme sports are right up Scorpio's alley."
Hahahahaha. Ha. Ha. And that's all I have to say about that.
"Scorpio's colors? Powerful red and serious black."
I hardly ever wear red. I'm usually just not drawn to it, and I don't think it looks that great on me. Black of course I wear from time to time, but as far as neutrals go I prefer gray, navy, and cognac over black.
"Scorpios don't know the word quit."
Um, hi. I did ballet from ages four to eight, then I quit. I played basketball in fifth grade, but once that was done, I quit. I played piano for a couple years (after being told my whole life I had to play one day because of my long fingers) and then I quit. Sophomore year of college I joined cheerleading, but I quit two weeks into it. I think the word 'quit' and I are pretty friendly.

I found this monthly horoscope and just had to include this statement.
"You are about to enter glorious August, the month that gets my vote for your favorite month of 2015."
I would hope that my favorite month of 2015 is October. Fall is my favorite season and October is my birth month, of course. Oh and there's also the tiny detail that I'm getting married in October! Horoscope site fail.

I found this graphic and I was going to just take some of the traits from it, but decided posting the graphic is just easier.
I already talked about water, but can we take a look at that season?! I feel like I mention every other post that my favorite season is fall.

Being the eighth sign is kind of cool because I was born on the 26th, so my favorite number is 26 and I'm a weird numbers person and 2 + 6 = 8 so yeah I'm cool with eight.

I got really excited about the stone saying opal. I was like, "My birthstone is opal!!!" No duh, idiot, this is listing your birthstone. Major airhead moment for me. But I have an opal ring and opal earrings and they're both gorgeous and I love my birthstone!

Let's talk about those colors. Purple has always been my favorite color. And I'm obsessed with gold. Our wedding colors are purple and orange with gold accents. I mean...is that perfect or what? (Except the other site said red and black...but I choose these ones instead. :))

Why oh why is there an 'anatomy' portion? And WHY am I stuck with the sex organs and the potty organs?! I mean I know they say that Scorpio is a horny goat...but come on. Let's leave organs out of my horoscope, please. Especially if you're gonna give me those to work with. You couldn't give me the heart?!

Everywhere says that Scorpio is probing. Like I'm a private investigator or a journalist. I never ask questions. Any time I go anywhere and they say, "Do you have any questions?" at the end I just sit there feeling bad that I don't have any.

I'd like to think that I'm passionate and perceptive. I can also be possessive which is not good... I have a really hard time focusing so focused...maybe not. And 'prowling'? I don't know whether to feel like a badass jungle cat or like a creepy sexual predator. Oh well.

At the risk of sounding like I'm hitting on all of you...what's your sign?


Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

25 comments:

  1. I'm a libra--i get along with scorpios very well, as in we just click! i guess it's because my bday is in oct too! it's my fave month as well!! and the shortest, i swear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so intrigued by astrology! I'm a Taurus and I've never read anything that tells me otherwise, I usually agree with all the traits! My sisters boyfriend is a Taurus too so I'm always trying to give her advice lol. He recently started a new job and I was like, "ohh no he's a Taurus he won't like that." and he ended up quitting haha! My husband is a Capricorn too, and so so stubborn. And money obsessed! I think that's a Capricorn thing lol. I have this huge book called "The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need" and it really is the best!

    x. Morgan / MorningApple

    ReplyDelete
  3. The genital organs and bowels part made me laugh out loud. But, I have to say, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE opals. That's my favorite stone, and it's my son's birthstone. I have an opal ring but am working on opal earrings (hint, hint, husband!). I'm a Taurus... just as stubborn!
    I always like to read my horoscope if I come across it, though I never go out of my way to read it. I, too, find that many of the traits resonate with me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing what sign other people are and then seeing if the traits are true about them! I'm a Libra and feel like a majority of the traits are totally me!
    Also, your wedding colors are so prefect for fall. I seriously can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I've never really paid too much attention to my sign or the characteristics. I know I'm a Cancer and that's about it haha! Maybe I should look into that a little more now!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! I went to Mexico once and my translation book had the Spanish version of "what's your sign?" Which was, indeed, a come-on. I do not understand why they feel the need to include body parts, either. I think Cancer is breasts? And maybe reproductive stuff? I don't remember. I found one book that I felt meshed the best with my personality and I use that as my definitive guide to all zodiac stuff. There's so many websites out there and some say the most random crud. It's almost like opening a fortune cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! I'm a Libra and it definitely seems to be accurate for me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is cool! I'm a Capricorn and to be honest don't really know anything about it. It reminds me of this one time I got carded at the bar and he asked me what my zodiac sign is because he thought my ID was fake (it as real sir!) I was so caught off guard that I forgot it!! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post idea. I'm a Capricorn but I really don't know much about my sign. I totally should find out tho.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a Pisces through and through. Once there was a list of traits and two of them I thought they totally weren't me. Apparently, I was alone in that thought and everyone (including my mom and husband) laughed and said of course that was me. But I kind of love my horoscope. It's funny because when I look at the horoscope for some monumental days in my life, it was always spot on. Creepy.

    PS) I nominated you on my blog this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So after seeing that chart up there with the colors and organs and stuff, I had to look mine up! My organ is the heart! Nah nah nah boo boo. Haha! Though it said that by favorite season was summer and it is so fall. I hate the summer heat! I googled the compatibility of leos and scorpios just for fun and it said we would make a good movie. I dont even know what that means? Haha!!! I so loved reading your post! I feel like we are all learning so much about our personalities...and more about other signs. Thanks so much for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh I laughed SO hard at "At the risk of sounding like I'm hitting on all of you...what's your sign?" So funny. Scorpios are kind of world renowned right?? Before reading this all I knew was you were supposed to really strongwilled and watch out for Scorpios. You apparently you are super tough Mattie :) I am Pisces and definitely see it in me. They kind of make Pisces sounds like a blubbering mess though haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many libras in your comments, must be why I get along with so many people in this thread ha. Both Kyle and I are Libras, and while I do believe we bring balance in other peoples lives, he definitely brings the balance in our lives. However, neither of us are lazy or that vain, so I would say that astrology was a miss on a good chunk of the horoscope. And I for sure don't seduce, I seduce so awkwardly. People would ask if I had something wrong with me instead. But we are both people pleasers.

    I'm one of those people that make a big deal out of small things, like this is my hill to die on. Kyle usually has to reign me in. And what is with the anatomy in that graphic? And purple is my favorite color too :)

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun post! I could go on and on about astrology (I've been studying it for almost 20 years). Sometimes, when you feel like a Scorpio characteristic doesn't ring true, it might be something in your birth chart counteracting that characteristic. It's complicated :).

    Anyway, I had fun reading all the comments too. I love how the Capricorns don't know much about their sign. Of course they don't! They might say, "Ain't nobody got time fu dat!" They're too busy out there making gains than to be worried about a pseudoscience like astrology! Hehe.

    For the record, everybody and their mama wishes they were a Scorpio :)

    -Shelly (a Leonine)
    www.shellyscabaret.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never really been into astronomy & what the signs mean... but it is always fun when the things fit you. I'm a Capricorn... have no idea what that means. I need to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha that is quite the pick up line :) those horoscopes are so interesting sometimes. I haven't looked up mine in a while, but it was fun to see which you associate yourself with!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so fun! I don't really follow horoscopes either, but I do identify with a lot of being a Leo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok so that site where you got the horoscope said August would be my month of 2015 too, and I'm a Sagittarius! Maybe it just says that for everyone?! I'm not big into horoscopes, but I am almost completely true to my sign. I have read that if your birthday is towards the end or beginning of your "prescribed" sign, that you might fit better with the sign that's before or after yours. And yeah, I think the organs part has to do with the Scorpio's "higher sex drive" lol. My last serious relationship was with a Scorpio and he was really into it (had the sign tattooed lol) so I wound up looking into it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So interesting! I really wish I was better with astrology - I can never even remember my husband's sign, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am a true blue Virgo EXCEPT that I tend to have a major temper (virgos tend to keep things contained) and I can be messy. Otherwise I'm a virgo through and through!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, some of these astrology pieces are hilarious! Anatomy?? What the heck does that even mean?? So silly. You had me laughing at the NOPES! Sports, quitting, it can't be all exactly right, right?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am a Sagittarius, but I don't know anything about it! I've read my horoscope a few times and its funny that it's often fairly on point. Fun post!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm a Sagittarius and I actually have an app on my phone that I usually check every morning! I like reading my horoscope, especially when it matches how I'm feeling;) I think you would look awesome with red lipstick, so maybe that's how you can incorporate that powerful red haha!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I rarely read my horoscope (I'm a Pisces) but sometimes they can interesting & a little creepy if it resembles something that is actually happening! This was a fun post, especially since I don't know much about other signs so it was interesting to read about Scorpios. And, I'm with you on the body part... like, really!?

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love horoscopes! I don't normally read them, but when I do, I love finding things that are similar to what is actually going on. I am a pisces...I definitely want to read all about them now to see what is true and what is false.

    ReplyDelete