Northwest Native: Weekend Recap: The Laziest Weekend of All Time

Monday, August 3, 2015

Weekend Recap: The Laziest Weekend of All Time

First off, I created a Facebook page for the blog yesterday! Go like it! Seriously, as I'm writing this, it has zero likes. I didn't want to like it and have all my Facebook friends see and find out about my double life. I'm not ready for that yet. Yes, there are three links to it so far in this paragraph, just in case you forgot to click the first or second. Here's one more just in case. ;)

On to the weekend recap. As the title suggests, we had the laziest weekend of all time. Friday we walked a couple blocks to happy hour at Black Bottle.
Rosé and flatbread with brie, leeks, pesto, and olives. Yum! Michael couldn't eat this, of course. We ordered a couple other dishes to share, which I mostly had a few bites of and he ate the rest.

After happy hour, we wanted to walk to Redbox so we made the 20ish minute trek and...it was out of order. Some guy after us was trying to return so it was even worse for him. Sorry, buddy. Luckily Target is nearby and Michael wanted to go in. He bought a video game, we walked home, and...he played that game until we went to bed at 1 a.m. (which is freakishly late for us). I got TONS of blogging stuff done, did some online shopping (of course), read a little bit, and just hung out.

Saturday I took the pups to a boarding facility just to meet the owner. They have never been boarded because we always leave them with my mom. Michael's family is throwing us a couple's shower in the Bay Area later this month, and my mom is going. There's also the wedding coming up. I was contacting all the recommended places on our vet's list and there were only two that would take shy dogs and one was booked up for both weekends I needed. The lady likes to meet any 'special needs' dogs beforehand. I'm still planning on blogging the stories of my dogs some day.

After that there was more video gaming on Michael's part and blogging/reading on mine. We both did actually work out, so I'd call that a win. Then we went to an actually operational Redbox and got two movies. We watched those and ate frozen microwaveable meals for dinner. We never do that, I don't think we've done that since we've been together. But we really were just that lazy. And it was crazy hot in our apartment so cooking sounded horrible.

Sunday we went to brunch at The Lost Pelican to use a Groupon we bought. We'd been there multiple times before and it is always delicious.
We had Bloody Mary's, which were tasty.
My breakfast was potatoes topped with two eggs, bacon, and hollandaise. Their biscuits are great too.

We came home and Michael napped for about three hours. I napped and read on and off during that time. It was perfect. I did manage to meal prep and we also got a little bit of cleaning done.

If I'm being honest, it probably wasn't the laziest weekend I've ever had since we walked to Target and back, worked out, meal prepped, and cleaned. Sometimes you just need a lazy weekend, but it doesn't make for a very entertaining blog post.

I'm linking up with Biana for Weekending and Ashley for Monday Madness!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

25 comments:

  1. A lazy weekend sounds like a great weekend to me. I love having a lazy weekend. I sort of need one soon. It gets tiring working all the time and running around trying to do so much while the weather is nice. Before I know it, it will be cold and snowy around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny, I haven't liked my own fb page either haha! I just have a thing about it and I don't know why! It's almost as though I'm embarrassed of it! Anyway I came over from Authentic bloggers and I shall go now and like your page :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! That bloody mary ... mmmm!!! It's hard to be too motivated when it's so hot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun weekend! I have never had a Bloody Mary... but I think I'll have to give it a try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get paranoid if I ever make a facebook page for my blog that people will find out and I'm just not ready to have all of my friends see it just yet. Kyle will usually watch Netflix while I blog, or he'll play his game, perfect way to spend some time together without having to focus on each other (especially when I need to finish several posts).

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great weekend. Your brunch looks AMAZING! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My weekend is overflowing to today. Because the damn rain won't stop. And I liked your Facebook page :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just started following you on Facebook! :) I'm like #3, yes! So funny your comment about living a double life, I was like that for a long time too.

    Your brunch looks delicious, I love hollandaise. Sounds like a great, relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That brunch looks amazing! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That brunch.....
    And I can't wait to hear the story of your dogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. But lazy weekends are what life's about!!! Headed to like your blogs page from my blogs page hehe. Yummy food :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could just eat flatbread with yummies on it every day for the rest of my life... & be fat...
    Heading to LIKE your page now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like you had the perfect weekend!!! Chris always plays video games right when he gets them...and then doesn't touch them again lol. And walking to target and working out is totally not lazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like you had a great weekend! That flatbread and brunch plate look amazing! It is making me hungry just reading your post! Love your Facebook page and gave it a like :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl I can SO relate to the double life haha! I kept my blog a secret from my friends for likr 4 months before I told anyone besides Tyler!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. First of all, you should feel special because I just activated my facebook to like your blog page. That is how much I like you ;) Second, this weekend is not lazy at all. This is like me every weekend possible. But then sometimes I skip the weekending posts because I never have enough to say! Good job with that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had an equally lazy weekend, mine just extended to today as well since its a long weekend here in the GWN

    I liked your page - good on you for making a blog one! I'm still too scared to do it in case anyone in my tiny town were to stumble on it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nothing better than a lazy weekend! That breakfast looks so tasty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow...the brie and leek bread looks amazing! I wish I hadn't already eaten dinner...LOL. Recently I've been loving lazy weekends...there aren't enough of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nothing wrong with a lazy weekend! I need them once in awhile to really re-charge & get ready for another week. Your food looks amazing, especially the brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mmmm all your drink choices this weekend look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree about hiding the double life! Your weekend sounds relaxing, glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i didn't tell anyone about my blog for 2 years. you had a great weekend--some relaxing, getting some things done. i like it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I tried and failed to actually start blogging for the last three years...this is the first year I've stuck with it longer than the month of January haha! And because of that, I share on my personal Facebook page all the time. If they don't want to read it, don't click. ;) I love my blog and I don't care what they think!

    ReplyDelete