Northwest Native: Weekend Recap: Genius Bar to the rescue!

Monday, August 17, 2015

Weekend Recap: Genius Bar to the rescue!

Well, we had plans to do the Seattle CityPASS this weekend...but decided it was a little bit expensive since the main thing I want to do on it is go to the EMP (Experience Music Project museum--it's basically just a cool modern culture museum). We figured we might as well just pay for that on its own instead.

On Friday, I got off at noon again for a double session with the marriage counselor. In case you're new here: Michael and I are getting married in less than two months. No, we are not having problems, but we are getting married in a Catholic church and one of their requirements is a few sessions with a marriage counselor. It was pouring rain with thunder and lightning. I LOVED it! I love thunderstorms, and I love the rain every once in a while, especially after the record heat so far this summer. It does scare me a little bit to be driving around in lightning, but we came out unscathed.

We ordered Thai food for dinner and watched Friday Night Lights. I started watching FNL a couple years ago with my friend, but we didn't make it very far. Michael has watched the whole series, but we started it over last weekend. I'm still on episodes that I've seen before, so I'm excited to get into new stuff! Side note: I'm also watching Hart of Dixie from the beginning and it's really weird to see Jason Street on FNL and George Tucker on Hart of Dixie since they're the same actor and pretty different characters (plus the age difference of the actor between the first season of each show!).

Next weekend we're going to the Bay Area for a couples shower thrown by Michael's family. We usually leave the dogs with my mom...but she's coming with. Since our dogs are nervous, I met with the owner of a boarding facility last weekend. She suggested we have them come in for a little daycare session before having them stay the whole weekend. We took them on Saturday morning and were sooo nervous. They stayed there for four and a half hours and ended up doing great! The owner wasn't there when we dropped them off or picked them up, but she emailed me to let me know they did well. I was so happy and I'll feel so much better boarding them next weekend now. I'm sure they expended a lot of nervous energy, because when we got home they passed out and stayed like that for hours.
Between dropping the dogs off and picking them up, we didn't even go home. We figured we'd just be worrying about them. It's also nice to just be out of the house without having to make sure to be home so we don't leave them alone too long.

We went to Target and even though I already told myself I'd reached my August budget maximum...I walked out with a few things. Oops! I hadn't looked at clothes in Target in a while. I also found really cute wedges on clearance for $9 so how could I pass those up?!
Target finds
I bought the black joggers to replace the Old Navy lounge pants I bought in June. Sadly, they're just too thin. They're see through at times and they've also pilled a lot. I will be donating them. These ones are thicker and so comfy!

I also found the wedges above but in gold, and they were on clearance for $9! The black ones were on clearance too, but online they only have the black and the white and they're full price. So if you're interested, check the store!

I'd seen the leopard sneakers online before and thought they were cute, but they're even cuter in person. I like the trend lately of cute sneakers like this (like the New Balance collaboration with J. Crew!) with jeans instead of as athletic shoes. The leopard are my favorite, but I also really like the gold and the black glitter ones! I didn't buy these, but they're on my wish list now!

I couldn't find my other two purchases on the website.

And that's as far as I got before my computer decided to die on me on Sunday morning. It wouldn't turn on. I took it to the Genius Bar and I brought my external hard drive with me because if it was gone for good, I wanted to see if I could back anything up. Well, it didn't work. They thought they'd have to fully clear the hard drive and that repairs could cost $150 max. My computer is about five years old and runs pretty slowly. I think I'll just replace it with a Chromebook ($150-$250 range) because I don't have $1,000+ for a new Mac (my mom bought me mine for college). Luckily, they called pretty much right after I got home and let me know that the hard drive is fine and they didn't have to wipe it. So I just have to pay $56 to replace a cable. But it's still probably time for a new laptop soon. And now I have to drive down to pick it up after work...on the freeway...in rush hour traffic. Sigh. I pretty much never have to deal with rush hour on the freeway. I might have a post up tomorrow...or I might get my laptop and get home, make dinner and then be too dead to write one.

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

24 comments:

  1. Oh noooo about your computer. Reminds me of the Sex and the City episode ... "you didn't back up?" Hahah. Glad it was a quick fix!! And glad your doggies did good at daycare!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love FNL (Tim Riggins FOREVER!!) and I love Thai food. That sounds like the perfect night....But really, what did we do before the genius bar??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the same boat you are...my Mac is now 6 years old and I finally got everything backed up last month so when it finally dies I'm safe. But I had a big scare like that finals week of my senior of college so I understand how stressful it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friday Night Lights and Hart of Dixie are my favorites!! I thought the same thing about Jason, too! So weird to read my own thought on your blog. Glad your laptop isn't broken right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its better sometimes to just get a new one - they have such good sales on them anymore.

    I just started watching FNL myself - I'm on season 2. Really enjoying it.

    I'm all about some good thunderstorms sometimes too. Especially when I can sit on my porch with a book in them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay this is crazy but I totally saw you at Target. I was there with Trav and we were slumming it in sweats and hoodies and I thought I saw you but I wasn't sure...but this post totally confirms it. Or, well, it does if you were at the Northgate Target...were you?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband and I just finished binge watching FNL & LOVED it! We were huge Hart of Dixie fans too...sad it's not on anymore :( Happy Monday!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pants are adorable! Might need to go shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny that you went to the genius bar this weekend, so did we. And not haha funny. more ironic. We had to go to the genius bar as well to get my phone fixed (replaced). Thank you Sophie... Hope you find another computer. We ended up going with a desktop when my macbook started being weird.

    Sounds like fun for the couples shower! Kyle and I haven't been to one, seems like all of our friends want gender separate showers :(

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad I'm not the only one who's bought things in excess of their August budget!! (I need the monkey-covering-his-eyes emoji here!) Also, I struggled to get into FNL a few years ago too. I really liked the first few episodes and then just... stopped... watching oops!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Target has so much cute stuff right now which sucks because I want it all! They had $5 shirts this weekend too & I always get sucked in to that sale. Boooo about your computer :(. At least it wasn't too expensive but you've got some good use out of it! I use Windows & never had a computer last that long (I'm not ready to shell out the money for a Mac, haha).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with your computer problems. Mine has been giving me fits and it is so frustrating!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. two more months until you're wedding?! AHH so exciting Mattie!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So close until the wedding!! yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That stinks about your computer, mine is getting close to dying too. I bought it back in 2010 and it is pretty slow. So glad your dogs did well at the boarding place! Mine don't like being dropped off there, but who's do really? At least you know they will be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad your pups did well!! We had to take Colby to a little practice session before we boarded him too and we were also so nervous! I think the people who work at those places are always so good with dogs that it just works :) Thank goodness your computer isn't going to be too expensive! I cracked the screen of my Mac 3 weeks into college (it fell off the end of my bed) and then senior year of college when I was student teaching, I popped the top of my water bottle and the straw squirted water everywhere. So I have had MANY expensive fixes!! Traffic is never any fun though. And now I'm online shopping thanks to you. I have joggers from Old Navy too and they are so tight around my calves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I BOUGHT A PAIR OF $9 SHOES FROM TARGET TOO!!! on clearance!!! i had to go to like 5 different targets to find my size but I HAVE THEM!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh no about the computer! Glad it's only a $56 repair :) Happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry to hear about your computer! Glad the repair wasn't too crazy! Those $9 wedges look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. First, congrats on your awesome Target purchases. I haven't had much luck there lately for some reason, which is actually a good thing because I can't afford to spend any more money! I, too, am in love with those leopard sneakers, though... I better not look online. They are adorable!
    That's great that your dogs did well boarding. Our poor guy has the worst separation anxiety.
    By the way, I have to catch up on a few of your last posts. I am so far behind!
    Hope you have a great week!
    The Busy Brunette

    ReplyDelete
  21. I need to find time to watch FNL, I hear everyone talking about it! I'm so glad your pups did good, I know that'll make you feel better about your trip coming up! I love Target's shoe department- I almost bought those leopard sneakers!! BOOOOO for the computer issue but yay for it not costing an arm and a leg! I bought my Chromebook about 6 months ago now and I LOVE it! It took some adjusting to but once I got the hang of everything, it's been the best laptop I've owned so far!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I need those joggers and those leopard shoes in my life ASAP! Sadly, there is no Target on Guam or Old Navy! I'm stuck with scouring the internet and waiting for items to be shipped to me (if they ship to Guam at all)!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh no, what a bummer about your computer! Computer issues are the worst! I love what you got at Target - those espadrilles were a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, so lucky with the laptop! Computer scares are just awful! I've never seen Friday Night Lights but I've heard good things about it. I just restarted House of Cards and I'm liking it so far!

    ReplyDelete