Northwest Native: Premio Dardos

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Premio Dardos

Sara nominated me for the Premio Dardos award and I was so excited! Thank you, Sara!
[By the way, Premio Dardos means "prize darts" in Spanish. I thought it was Latin...and I minored in Spanish. Oops!] The rules are to nominate other blogs, thank and link the blogger who nominated you, and then list three facts about yourself.

I nominate Emily @ Yippee! It's MLE, Cassie @ The Minuteglass, and Lauren @ Exploring My Style!

One.
I love cinnamon. Cinnamon rolls, toast with cinnamon sugar, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cinnamon Roll Ben & Jerry's, snickerdoodles... I also love mints. Just those classic, standard red and white ones. But I HATE cinnamon mints. I feel cheated when I go to a restaurant with mints and they only have the cinnamon ones. (We went to happy hour recently and they only had the cinnamon mints. I don't spend all my time thinking about this, it was just fresh in my mind!)

Two.
My two dream jobs are to work for either Nordstrom or Starbucks corporate. In case you didn't know, the corporate headquarters of both of these companies happen to be in Seattle. (And you can see in my sidebar just how obsessed with them I am.) So I guess it could happen, but I haven't ever actually applied for anything there. I can only imagine the awesome perks that each company has...I'm sure there are discounts, but there are also probably cool events to go to, a fantastic company culture, and great benefits!

Three.
I absolutely hate blood. Just typing this is making me antsy. Once, I had to get seven vials of blood drawn for testing, and I was so freaked that the nurse wouldn't even do it. She made the doctor come do it instead. [Side note: After that blood drawing experience, my mom said we already knew the results of those tests from the time I was born. So it was completely unnecessary.] My brother has passed out multiple times getting shots. My other brother and my mom donate blood like champs. I don't understand the familial divide there. I somehow was able to watch Dexter anyway and it was one of my favorite shows of all time. And I am in the 1% of people who liked the ending (maybe just because it was filmed an hour away from my hometown in Oregon, and it's also supposed to be that he ended up in some small town in the PNW). I'm also really squeamish in general. Michael and I were talking about broken bones last week and I was shuddering. I also get sympathy pains. For basically everyone and everything. If I watch a nasty sports injury on TV or someone gets hurt in a movie...I'll be clutching and rubbing that body part. And I don't even have to see it. If someone is describing it, I'll still get the sympathy pain. It is a curse. [So this fact ended up being like five facts in one, but they were all related!]

I thought I had already told you guys everything about myself, but I think these are actually three new things, so I'm pretty proud of myself!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

22 comments:

  1. this was fun to read! it's funny, i hate hate hate hate hate cinnamon - it's not a thing at home, I don't think, so the first time I tasted it was when I came here and it was such a shock to my system lol. I am not a fan of blood either, but my nose bleeds all the time so I've had to get use to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cinnamon too! Except unlike you I don't mind cinnamon mints. I prefer pillow mints but I don't mind the cinnamon ones. And working for Starbucks or Nordstrom corporate definitely seems fun!
    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. cinnamon apple is one of my fave scents of all time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nomination! That's cool that the last episode of Dexter was filmed so close to your home town. I was an X-Files fan when I was younger, and having it filmed around my home town was definitely a selling feature as well, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blood doesn't bother me... I always thought I should be a nurse because of that... but I cant handle people being sick & germs - so I'm outta there :)
    I thought you went all international with this award :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Working for Nordstrom sounds like a dream. An absolute dream. I mean would you ever shop anywhere else???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should apply for Nordstrom or Starbucks today!! Working there would be awesome! Cinnamon is one of my favorite too. I love it on just about anything. Reading your post made me hungry! Haha. I don't like blood or guts or anything related. My sister is applying to med school and loves shadowing surgeries it just grosses me out though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you should get applying girl! :) It's so perfect they're in Seattle!

    I hate blood too. Can't believe you survived 7 vials of blood drawing wow. I'd probably cry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh, also hate blood. And I agree, apply for Starbucks or Nordstrom! Those sound so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cinnamon everything too! So so excited for fall so that I can put cinnamon everywhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yum, Cinnamon Toast Crunch is my favorite...but I am with you...I would much rather have a plain mint than cinnamon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the nomination! Now...let's talk about the important stuff...DEXTER WAS FILMED NEAR YOUR HOMETOWN?! I hate blood too, but was able to watch it as well. I love, love, love that show! Time to go re-watch it all again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a fan of cinnamon too!!! And I used to be the biggest baby ever on the planet about shots and having blood drawn. But then my doctor tried to figure out what was wrong with me one time and drew a ton of blood like you had done and I became a little less worried about it. And then I found out I had to give myself shots for awhile...worst nightmare ever! So now I can take a shot like a freaking champ. But the drawing of the blood? Hate! IV? Oh heck no!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm the exact same as you on number three! I can't even watch someone get their blood taken without almost passing out. And just the thought of bones breaking makes me nauseous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ugh, blood and injuries freak me out so much too! Hearing about other people's injuries, even on TV, makes me SO uncomfortable. And yet, when I had a broken foot last summer, I was all nbd. haha! Apparently, it's ok if it's me, but I can't listen to other people's tales of woe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmm I could go for some cinnamon rolls right now! So fun that both your dream jobs are located in your town – you can make that happen!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I CANNOT with blood or anything gross-health related things. My coworker gives herself daily diabetes shots at her desk, and I get squeamish. Go to the bathroom or something! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cinnamon is delicious! And I actually like the cinnamon mints too :) (sometimes-- when they aren't super strong). I definitely agree with you on working with those companies-- they seem like it would be such a positive/fun environment. And blood... nope. I don't know how people can donate blood. My stomach does flips just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love cinnamon too, but I hate Big Red gum! Blood I can handle...vomit, on the other hand...don't even get me started.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hate blood too. In fact, I didn't even read the paragraph about why you hated blood because I started too but couldn't finish. And, I don't like cinnamon either. My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey thanks for the nomination!! I'll have to come up with a few things to post about soon! We are complete opposites in the cinnamon department. I love a spicy cinnamon and can take or leave sweet cinnamon! Those would be AMAZING companies to work for! I think my dream job, if I decided not to have a home-based business anymore, would be at a higher end clothing store doing something behind the scenes. I have no idea what, but being in that environment would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love to work at Nordstrom too! To bad the closest store is 2+ hours away :)

    ReplyDelete