Northwest Native: Friday Favorites

Friday, August 14, 2015

Friday Favorites

Yay Friday! I'm linking up with AndreaErika, and Narci for Friday Favorites and April for Five on Friday!

Number One: New Bedding Inspiration!

We live a couple blocks from a Cost Plus World Market (side note, what do you shorten it to? I always say Cost Plus, but I think I'm in the minority and most other people say World Market) and stopped in the other day. There was a bedding display with these sweet dreams pillowcases, this (or a similar) floral duvet, and contrasting floral sheets. Our current duvet is pretty--it's pale green, pale blue, white and tan florals, but I think it'd be fun to change it up to something bright like this (yes, even with fall and winter coming).
sweet dreams
I couldn't find any sheets on their website, so I'm wondering if I imagined the sheets in the display. I think I would use the sweet dreams pillowcases decoratively, in place of shams. I'll have to look at Target and Macy's to find some coordinating sheets! If I have some extra money left some time soon, I'm hoping to get some fun new bedding! Ideally this. :)

Number Two: Odwalla bars!

I LOVE Odwalla bars. These are my three favorite flavors (Blueberry Swirl, Chocowalla, Berries Go-Mega). I bought a box of Chocowalla on Amazon once, and then I realized that these bars go on sale for $1 each at Safeway all the time. Only Berries Go-Mega is cheaper to order on Amazon. Sigh. I think Blueberry Swirl is my number one favorite, so why can't it be that one?! I have to snack between breakfast and lunch when I'm at work and between lunch and dinner too or I just won't make it. And we have a fully stocked vending system with both healthy and unhealthy options...so keeping these in my drawer at work is the way to go.
Side note: Michael says these taste like bird food. Ha! I LOVE protein bars. Odwalla bars, Larabars, Luna bars...you can't really go wrong in my book. :) Apparently I'm a bird.

Number Three: Something new!

I didn't do a weekend recap last weekend, so I never mentioned that we went out to Cantina Leña. This is a Tom Douglas restaurant, and he's probably the biggest restaurateur in Seattle. We had never been before. Oh man, it was delicious! Their cocktail menu was also great, but we didn't order any.
The nachos were SO good. I'm a huge carnitas fan, and their cheese sauce was amazing too. The other pork was good too, but I might have dreams about how delicious the nachos were.

Number Four: Cruiser bikes!

I think cruiser bikes in candy colors are the cutest things! Sure, we're reaching the end of summer but warm weather usually stays through early fall in the NW. And as you can see with the bedding choice above, I'm not really one for following color palette 'rules.' I'll rock brights and pastels in the dead of winter. I decided to have a little look on Amazon, because I assumed a bike would be waaay out my price range, but I was just curious. I was sure I wouldn't find anything for under $200, but this one is sooo cute and only $152.99!
This one is a runner up too, but I don't think it's quite as cute. It is, however, $114.99. How can I buy clothes, bedding, a bike, and also cover wedding expenses? Answer: I can't. Wah. It's also not that practical of a purchase for me right now. I could ride it around by the waterfront, maybe to the grocery store, but that's about it. There are quite a few hills around my apartment. I'm also sure assembling a bike myself would only end in disaster/tragedy.

Number Five: Relatable quotes.

I had a bad day yesterday. It was a combination of a lot of things. Yes, you could say that being hormonal was part of it. I was just down. I had a wedding dress fitting and I had to go alone and being emotional already I was worried I'd break down crying. But I didn't! Because the dress is beautiful and I just love putting it on!
Anyway, all day I just kept saying this to myself. I'd seen this quote before, and I don't know what made me remember it, but it came to me yesterday and I tried to make the best of it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

25 comments:

  1. Loving your bedding inspiration! And you need that beach cruiser! It is so cute! I definitely like the blue one better than the pink but my favorite color is blue so don't listen to my advice haha!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list! I love that quote and the bedding from World Market is super cute. :)

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WANT THAT BIKE. And the nachos. And if I had that bike, I could eat those nachos frequently because exercise and shit. YES.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want everything you mentioned ... including those NACHOS! HAHA! I saw Cost Plus too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pillowcases that talk to you!!! :) And I love that bike!! I've got a yellow cruiser and it is definitely my favorite. Sorry you had a bad day the other day :( I use that quote too a lot too...it helps put everything in perspective :) Happy weekend to you friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those pillows, so cute. Love that saying, I totally need to print it out and hang it up in my office. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a cruiser bike and I love it! Their heavy though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Luna bars more than the other bars. Is this the first time you've had a picture showing Michael's tattoos?

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bedding inspiration is so cute! It's always fun to break the rules with colors. I'm right there with you wearing bright things in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great quote! I'm going to have to save that one for later. I'm sorry you had a "down" day, I hate those myself. Hopefully this weekend will be better! :) Definitely check out Macy's, they were having a huge sale on bedding recently and have tons of gorgeous options! I don't know how I didn't walk out with a new comforter! And protein bars are the best--I must be a bird too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought a cruiser bike this year in yellow & love it!!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bedding is so fun!!!! You just made me crave Mexican food real bad! I was supposed to go out with some girl friends to Chuy's last night but ended up at the hospital with my nephew instead so I still need to get my fix in. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for bike shopping for me :) There are so many trails in DC and I REALLY want a bike, just for fun! I'm in a really bad mood today so thank you for the quote. And I'm sure you look stunning in your dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We always called it World Market when they were all over MN. A bunch of them closed and the closest one to me now I think is over an hour away. Makes me sad :(

    Also, I'm on my second marriage and both times all my dress fittings were alone. No fun. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those pillows are adorable, and I love that blue cruiser bike! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you're a bird, i'm a bird!!! Haha kidding. But i'm so down to try those Odwalla bars. Where did you find them??? Getting one this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are finally getting a World Market here! I've always heard about it but obviously never had a chance to actually shop there. I think it opens this fall so I can't wait! Nothing wrong with bright colors during the fall & winter! I need to remember that quote more often too :) Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love that quote - its just so true!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am in desperate need of new bedding, I didn't think to check Cost Plus (that's how I shorten, too!). Those pillows are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many fun things on your list!! And I'm sorry you had a bad day.... I hope things are getting better, and at least you got to try on your wedding dress. That's always a plus! I seriously can't wait to see it!!!! :-)
    The Busy Brunette
    http://thebusybrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your list! The Mexican food looks really good and I love those pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have a Mr. & Mrs pillow for our bed! My mother got it for us as a wedding present! Definitely get one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That Mexican food looks delicious! What girl doesn't love a good plush bedding? Nice roundup.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is one of my favorite quotes! Hope you're having a better day today! Side note: I am craving some nachos now...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE Luna bars. Personally I make a rendition of them at home in my food processor. When you consider all they are is dried fruit and nuts (and occasionally chocolate) they’re pretty easy to whip together once you figure out the proportions.

    ReplyDelete