Northwest Native: Confessions Part II

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Confessions Part II

If the title of this post didn't immediately make you start singing Usher's best song of all time [Kanye emphasis: of all time!], then I have failed my mission. This is the second time I've linked up with Christina for her Owning It link-up, even though the first time was months and months ago (here).

Speaking of extremely awesome hits from back in the day, that brings me to my first confession. (Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. Oh, wait, not that kind of confession.) Hopefully you all know the song Summer Girls by LFO (if not, listen to it here and thank me later). There's a part that goes, "I like Kevin Bacon but I hate Footloose." For years I thought it said, "I like candle makin' but I hate Footloose." I am dead serious. It was probably within the past couple years that I listened to the song and a light bulb went off.

Twice in the past month I have left a tag (or the extra button) hanging on new clothes I wore to work. Both times, a different female coworker has pointed it out and then said they'd let me take it off. I swear they probably think I plan on wearing it and returning it! I think that was on a movie or something, where they buy an expensive dress to wear to a party and someone just rips off the tag for them and they're screwed. So that's probably why that idea is in my head.

I'm a huge fan of artificial cherry flavoring. (I also love cherries, and yes, I realize fake cherry and real cherry taste absolutely nothing like each other.) My favorite kind of most non-chocolate candies is pretty much always the red one. This includes Starburst, Jolly Ranchers, Airheads, gummy bears, Skittles (although, those red ones are strawberry). There's always been talk about red dye 40 and how it may be poison or whatever...I totally regret Googling it. But until the FDA decides it's illegal to add to food, I'll be over here with my artificially colored and flavored candy.

Speaking of candy, I so wish I was one of those people who couldn't finish something because it's too sweet. When people say they couldn't finish something because it was too sweet, it's like an alien language to me. I think that's happened to me maybe three times in my life. Not finishing something because it's too salty happens to me far more often. I also crave sweet over salty ninety percent of the time.

I can't stand getting my blood pressure taken. This has nothing to do with the fact that I hate blood, either. I just hate that squeezing feeling. It's awful and it takes way too long. And they tell you not to hold your breath but I pretty much always catch myself doing that because I'm just counting the seconds until it's over!

Another thing I can't handle is anyone touching the inside of my wrists or my Achilles tendons. Nope nope nope! I'm fine wearing bracelets or shoes that hit the tendon, but pressing either of them makes me cringe. I'm shuddering just typing this.

I do all the laundry in our household (not for lack of complaining). I wash 99% of my clothes in cold water and then air dry them. Michael's clothes, not so much. (I would never let Michael wash my clothes, my complaint is that I always have to do his too.) I'm terrified of ruining my clothes...so I just play it safe.

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

19 comments:

  1. Cute post! Happy to have found and followed your blog!! Oh those cherry sour balls.....get me every time!! Have a terrific Thursday!!

    livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i may or may not have, ok MAY, nodded my head to all of these. i can't stand getting my blood pressure taken. shots don't bother me, but that cuff...i freak out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, agree with most of these too - except I MAY have also worn items with the tags on, not because I forgot, but with the intention of returning - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate getting my blood pressure taken too! It feel like it's so constricting. I always just want it to be over!
    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to go back to washing my clothes in cold water - I shrink EVERYTHING...

    I'm a BP addict - I had a OCD habit of taking my blood pressure every morning - every day & keeping record of it. For the record, my BP is extremely low so I had to keep an eye on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah so funny. Laundry is my least favorite - i'd let someone else do it for me anyway ;)
    That is kind of weird you don't like your blood pressure taken. I've never heard of that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I haven't left a price tag on, I'm notorious for having the tags of the clothing hanging out or wearing things the wrong way.

    I feel like I'm the same way about laundry! One time I let Kyle do the laundry...and he ruined a dress I really loved...talk about never letting him do laundry again. He now knows he can only wash his and never mine. Like you I let a lot of things airdry OR low tumble. Or I do the gentle/delicate wash cycle.

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man LFO and summer girls! Haha what a great old song, now it's playing in my head!

    I feel so put together when I have my laundry all done and folded/put away! Love that graphic :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been guilty of not knowing the actual words to a song, but singing it so loudly with confidence, and then being told I'm not singing it right. #embarrassing
    I love all artificial cherry flavored things...I always go for the red!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha LFO!!!! My coworker and I were talking about that song a few weeks ago and then we played it because how could you not. I love cherry stuff too!!! And red anything candy is my favorite as well, followed closely by pink stuff and then white because white usually means pineapple (cheap jelly beans, fruit chews.) And now I just really want some darn starburts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't stand to get my blood pressure taken either! The squeezing is too uncomfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That last meme though- yes!! Haha. I'm the exact opposite with the sweet/salty though. I'm that person who scrapes the icing off of cake because it's sweetness overload for me! I loved LFO, I was so sad when the singer passed away :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG THE BLOOD PRESSURE CUFF. HATE IT. SO MUCH. ~all caps necessary~ I only got ok with it when I was in the hospital and had to have my blood pressure measured multiple times a day. Now I'm back to hyperventilating over it. It is just the weirdest feeling! Ack!! Man, I'm so thrown and I don't know what to do but to give you part II of my confessions... :D (LOVE. The Glee version is pretty great too, even though it's just part of a mash-up.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha I'm the same way with the laundry! Although we both have very nice clothes so he could do his own in the same way I do mine. We wash everything in cold and hang up pretty much everything. Whether I spent a huge chunk of change or just a few dollars on something, they all get washed the same way if they aren't loungewear or socks! Your work story made me laugh. Until I'm sure I'm going to love something, I keep the tags on if it's something like a sweater or jacket where it wouldn't show. I still have the tags on a jacket I bought four years ago because at the time, I was convinced I needed it. And now, it gets worn once a year if that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hate when I forget to take tags off – and it’s so easy to forget! I do all the laundry too and love air drying – way better that way.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was a fun post! I had to laugh about the laundry thing too because there is NO way I would let my fiance wash my clothes. Haha, I like to air dry things too & have to emphasize that if I do ask him to wash something. Ah, LFO... I think I still have that CD somewhere too. I'm one of those people who can't eat things that are too sweet, haha. I love sweets though but only once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I definitely just jammed to that song:) But I'm laughing because as I was singing along I was waiting for that line and even though I probably didn't know who Kevin Bacon was when I learned the song, I definitely knew the right words! My song mess up --> Radioactive by Imagine Dragons. "Woahhhh I'm ready to rock you, ready to rock you"...no. I'm radioactive. DUH!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. My least favorite are the red candies...so funny! And we share the same dislike for blood...
    Air drying is the way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally had that song in my head when I read your title...love me some Usher!

    ReplyDelete