Northwest Native: Bay Area Couples Shower Weekend

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Bay Area Couples Shower Weekend

I'm back from our trip to the Bay Area for our couples shower thrown by Michael's family. It was such a fun weekend and I'm sad it had to come to a close! I'm going to try to keep the dialogue to a minimum and let the pictures speak for themselves--they are worth a thousand words, right?

Michael's family lives right outside Oakland. On Saturday Michael, my mom and I headed to the other side of the bay to explore San Francisco. Michael's sister was talking about how Pixar (which is located in the area) likes to portray a 'postcard day' in San Francisco. It can be cloudy and cold in the city (and I dressed for it) but it ended up being a sunny and warm postcard day!

Trish's mini donuts! Yum!
Alcatraz. I want to tour it some day!
Sea lions! It was soo crowded, wish we could've gotten closer.
This dog was just chillin' like that out the window. I don't know if you can tell, but he's wearing red sunglasses. I wanted to crop it and zoom in, but that made the quality too poor.
I had been craving macarons for a few months. The last time I even had one was when I was in Sydney in 2012! I didn't get a picture until my mom, Michael, Michael's sister Katie (who met us after work for a bit) and I ate ours. These are vanilla and raspberry. I had coffee praline and it was delicious!

Our wine and cheese couples shower started at five that night.
Michael's sister did the flower arrangements. She works at Farmgirl Flowers in SF. Aren't they gorgeous?!
Michael and I were chosen as the brides for toilet paper wedding dress making, along with two other good sports (Michael's old basketball coach and his cousin).
We had to go up and do a dance move and strike a pose. Here's an action shot of me mid-twirl. Michael's uncle was on my design team and he was super intense about the veil, as you can see.
Michael's cousin (closest to the camera) was the winner. His team cheered the loudest and got him the win. And yes, Michael is in mid-shimmy in this picture.
It was such a great shower! Big thanks to Michael's cousin Amanda, his sisters, his parents, and also his aunt and uncle for all the work they put into it!

I had no idea what the color scheme was, and I ended up matching perfectly! The same thing happened with my last shower. Most of the people at the shower we won't see again until the wedding, which makes it feel so soon! The shower day was actually exactly seven weeks from the wedding! Eek!

Our flight left Oakland at 5:50 on Sunday night. We got home after eight. And then this happened...
 It was an interesting end to the weekend, to say the least!

Linking up with Sweet Little Ones for Tuesday Talk

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

22 comments:

  1. I've become a pro at wedding dresses made out of tissues :)
    looks so fun!
    & you look gorgeous in that dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm determined to make it to San Francisco one of these days with the intent of touring Alcatraz. Jose and I LOVE watching Ghost Adventures and they had an episode filmed there, which makes me want to tour it even more now!
    The couples shower looked like a lot of fun! Your dress was perfect!
    I hate the feeling of coming home and realizing the door was unlocked the whole time, but for a whole weekend, I can't imagine that! Glad nothing was stolen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shower looked absolutely amazing! I loved everything about it.

    As for the keys... *facepalm* Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend and a lovely shower. You and Michael look like such a happy couple and I love the picture of the two of you by the bridge. Blessings... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for taking us with you!! oh my about the keys--totally something i would have done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh boy with the keys!!! That sounds like something I'd do - eek!!! The shower looked SO NICE!!!!!!!! I love the "Mr & Mrs" banner and all the little details - so fab!! October will be here before you know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shower decor is so cute!!! Those letters....so cute. Hahaha I am dyingovyr your key story....totally something I would do to! You are not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you guys had a great trip and a fabulous shower!!! I just wanted to reach into my screen and grab some of that cheese. YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your shower looks like SO MUCH FUN! I love it...the flowers were gorgeous and love the cheese and wine. So scary about have your apartment unlocked when you got home...at least everything was safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had such a great shower! The weather looked absolutely amazing! And gimme all the cheese and wine!
    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love the pictures!! It looked like a blast! Seven weeks?! Eek! So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had so much fun Mattie! What a special time in your life, good thing you're documenting it so well! Love your cross body bag and dress so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would down right have a heartattack. I did that once and nearly died when I realized I left the door unlocked. Such a fun couples shower, love the fact that it was a couple's one. I feel like they are more fun than just a women's. Love the M&M letters too.

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wedding showers are so much fun! You're looks like y'all had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your shower looked amazing!!! I love the wedding dress competition hahah and I love that you were the only female participant. I can imagine it was filled with tons of laughs and fun memories :) THANK GOODNESS nothing was stolen from your apartment! On the bright side at least your keys aren't lost or stolen either!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dude. How good are macarons?? The pic of the boat tied to the pier with the bicycles is my fave! And the sea lions! Your mom is adorable. What a fun shower - I'm a big fan of wine & cheese ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Couples showers are so fun & that's so awesome that his family threw one for you guys! San Francisco looks beautiful too. You are SO lucky about your apartment too. Thankfully nobody got in & stole anything!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks like so much fun! And the sky in SF is amazing! Picture perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you had the most wonderful couples' shower. Lots of fun, food, and festivities. That is a beautiful area, too. I'm jealous!
    The Busy Brunette

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like your shower was WONDERFUL and so much fun! You look so happy Mattie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, what a great spread!! I've never heard of a wine and cheese shower but I kinda love the idea! Love all the pics- I definitely need to go to SF and do the Alcatraz tour!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks like you had a wonderful shower! I'm from San Jose so I'm very familiar with the Bay. The sea lions always bring the crowds it seems! Those toilet paper wedding gowns were great! I'm so glad your apartment wasn't broken into while you were gone! Talk about lucky!

    ReplyDelete