Northwest Native: August Goals [2015]

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

August Goals [2015]

July went by so quickly. I know everyone is saying this, but I cannot believe it's August. I'll start with how I did on July's goals.
via
I think I can get behind all of these. Except I don't really care about drinking tea.

Wedding Invitations
DONE. As of now we've received fifty yes RSVP's and eight no RSVP's.

Reading
I knocked this goal out of the park. I finished Wild and Sing You Home in early July. I started The Husband's Secret on July 4th...and finished it on the 6th. Yes, really. Then I started Sharp Objects on the 6th and finished it on the 8th. I started The Art of Racing in the Rain on the 9th and finished on the 13th. And then came Someday, Someday, Maybe which lasted me the 14th-18th. I started We Were Liars on the 19th and finished on the 25th. I started The Martian on the 26th. You guys...ever since starting the summer reading challenge I've wanted to read non-stop! I hope the desire stays when the challenge ends!

Exercise
Most of the month I did really well. Toward the end I developed some awful shin splints and couldn't workout as hard/as much as I wanted to. I still feel good about this though.

Meal Prep & Healthy Eating
Some weeks I do better on meal prep than others. I did it every week, but some weeks I don't cook a vegetable, or I didn't add meat and we had to cut up a chicken sausage at lunch and throw it in, which kind of defeats the purpose of having lunch ready and saving time.

Use eBates more!
I used this on pretty much everything I purchased this month! There was one Nordstrom purchase I made through the app on my phone and then immediately realized my mistake. Oh well. I also got the toolbar per your recommendations and it has really helped me remember!

Now for August's goals.

Reading
I'm hoping to finish The Martian and read Americanah, at the very least!

Exercise
Same goal, shooting for four times a week!

Meal Prep & Healthy Eating
Same as every month!

Seattle CityPass Weekend
Michael and I really want to get the Seattle CityPASS and play tourist! We've done some of the things included, but not all!

Wedding Dress Fitting!
This isn't really a goal so much as a necessity. They told me I should do my alterations in August. I also want need to pick out a sash and possibly a veil. Thoughts on veils? Did you have one/are you having one/would you want to have one? I can't decide if I want one or not!

Past goals:

Linking up with Sweet Little Ones for Tuesday Talk and joining the Monthly Goals Link-Up!
Monthly Goals

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

30 comments:

  1. I had a veil, but that was 20 years ago! The weddings I've been to recently, the brides have worn veils. Wow! You have been doing some serious reading! I wish I could get out of my reading slump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm sure you know this, but I didn't have a veil. I had that little flower in my hair instead. I just felt like it was a little too formal for me and our setting. But you could totally pull it off and I think if you get married in a church it looks very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very much all "no veil for me!"...until I tried one on and it just completed the look in just the right way! Also, eBates for the WIN. Except I forget half the time---oops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are getting married in December and I haven't even scheduled my fittings yet! Ekk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a veil! It was an informal one though that just clipped into the my hair (not an over the face kind). I think they are pretty and made me feel official, but agree that it depends on your setting and what you're more comfortable with!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for wedding dress fittings!! I had a veil and I loved it. I wore it for the ceremony and pictures then took it out for the reception. If you aren't sure what you want you could do something like that. I never even thought of not having a veil, but I could definitely see the pros to not having one. Girl, you are on fire with that reading!! Ok, so I have no clue what ebates is?!?! I guess I'll be checking that out today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too have been trying to use ebates more. I love when Brides wear veils, so many don't anymore. I love them though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a wedding photographer, I vote YES for a veil... but have it where you can take it off during the reception & add in a sweet little headpiece for dramatic effect. But veils are so beautiful in your bridal portraits. Its just finding the right one that fits with your dress. Look on Pinterest for similar dresses as yours & look at the veils used... long / short ... high on the head / base of the hair...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let me just say I am so excited to see all your wedding pics...I know it will be a while, but I am way too excited for ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you did good this past month! I have been reading a lot too! I absolutely loved The Art of Racing in the Rain!! I finished it this morning and had all the feels. The Martian was awesome, I hope you are enjoying it. This month I am going to focus on plowing through some more books, trying to eat as healthy as I can 90% of the time and push myself harder during my work outs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How was Sharp Objects?? I just finished Dark Places!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah i loved The Husband's Secret and Sharp Objects! I'm trying to work out and do more meal planning this month too!

    As for veils, my sister had one but she didn't cover her face with it. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to have one at my wedding, but then again I'm not even engaged yet so you may not want to take my advice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So... if you liked Wild, you should read "Going Somewhere" by Brian Benson. Cheryl Strayed helped him craft his book which is about his bike ride from Wisconsin to the Northwest Coast. It was absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this list! I'm a big fan on monthly goals and staying on track vs new years resolutions we all forget about.

    Way to go on all that reading and working out! 4 times a week? I need to get back to working out...:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Goals! Also stealing all of those book ideas. Just started "And When She Was Good" and I can't put it down.
    Tea was never something i could get behind either. like it sounds good but MUST.... HAVE.... COFFEE!
    xxcheers, Meag

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhhhh!! Wedding dress fitting. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that graphic up there of the goals! Dang girl. you did get some reading in!! That's so awesome, I want to read more but I have zero time :'( gahhh haha yay new goals and WEDDING DRESS FITTING! ahhhh!! I didn't have a veil but I kind of wish I would have. They are gorgeous and so classy!
    xo Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh I love the idea of having a Citypass weekend! So smart :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a great image to keep in mind when setting goals! Thanks for sharing and good luck with your goals
    —DT | Here I Scribble

    ReplyDelete
  20. Eeek – wedding dress fitting will be so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness! Yay for the reading! :) What did you think of We Were Liars? I'll be starting it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your first image! :) Also, ebates has been so awesome this Nordstrom Sale season, thanks for reintroducing me :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG - you're a crazy reading lady!! Good for you! I have so many books on my "to read" list and STILL haven't gotten there... but many of the titles are ones you've read. And I'm not a tea drinker, either. Coffee all the way. BTW, one of my new loves is EBates, although I am so, so bad at remembering to use it. When I do, it's totally worth it. I've gotta get better with it!
    Can't wait for more wedding posts from you. What an exciting time!
    BB

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow you did so good with you July goals! Holy reading...I definitely need to check out those books! Good luck with August. It will be so fun to pick out your wedding dress accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  25. kicking bootie on those goals! wish i had more time to read!

    ReplyDelete
  26. For some odd reason when I read the Less/More image I thought about The Devil Wears Prada and the snotty assistant.... the one that says "I'm hearing this and I want to hear this..." I hope you know what I mean lol

    Here: http://cdn.revistadonna.clicrbs.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/giphy-9.gif

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oooh books to add to my Goodreads, yay!


    Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird

    ReplyDelete
  28. I had a veil as well, but no sash. I decided before I purchased my dress than I wanted to wear my mom's veil, so I found a dress with similar (but not identical) lace. Her veil was originally one of those cap styles that was popular in the 80's. We cut the majority of the veil off the cap and stitched it to a comb to stick in my hair.

    http://www.theminuteglass.com/pi-day-a-wedding-in-details/

    The only thing I would note if you go with a long veil is pay attention to how heavy it feels on your head throughout the day. I wore mine from before our ceremony (just before 2pm) until the end of our pictures, right before the reception (about 6:30). It doesn't seem like long, but when you're not used to the weight it can be hard on the body. My neck was quite sore the next day. Maybe take it down when in transit so it doesn't end up yanking on your head while moving around?

    I'm looking forward to seeing what you end up choosing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I forget about Ebates far too often when I'm ordering stuff online. I need the tool bar thing to help me remember! I don't think I'm going to do a veil, maybe just some kind of hair piece. I don't know!?! Our wedding is going to be super casual so I don't think a veil is really necessary?

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have the husbands secret on my to read list. I just read What Alice Forgot by her and it was so good- I couldn't put it down!

    ReplyDelete