Northwest Native: Weekend Recap: Movies & Food

Monday, July 20, 2015

Weekend Recap: Movies & Food

Yes, our weekend can pretty much be summed up by 'movies & food.' We did nothing productive whatsoever (well, unless you count reading/working out).

On Friday, we went to Bite of Seattle and I forgot my phone. I made Michael take a picture of me with my cookie ice cream sandwich...and it did not turn out great. I looked at it, shook my head, then figured I could crop it and just show the ice cream sandwich...except Michael had the focus on me, so, oh well!
You got to pick the cookie, the ice cream, and a topping. I went with chocolate chip cookies, salted caramel ice cream, and coconut. It was kind of a disappointment because the cookies weren't that chewy, they were a little hard, which I don't like that much in general and it made it veeery messy to eat.

On Saturday we saw Train Wreck! I was sooo excited and I laughed so hard. I know people either love or hate Lebron (or are indifferent, like me)...but he was really funny in it. Seriously. I already loved Bill Hader but now I know anything Amy Schumer does I need to see. On our walk back from the movie we stopped to get Greek yogurt in Pike Place Market.
They are always handing out samples. I always take marionberry, and last weekend when I took it, there were chunks of granola or something in it. Anyway, when we went up to order, I saw the flavor marionberry pie, which is what I had sampled. I immediately ordered it. It is seriously so good. Maybe better than ice cream or froyo.

We got Wild and Kingsman: The Secret Service from Redbox. That night, we watched Wild and enjoyed a grapefruit cider.
Wild (the movie version) was okay. Seriously, read the book. Sooo much was cut from the movie, and the flashbacks were nowhere near as descriptive. I mean I get that they can't fit everything in, but it was kind of disappointing how little seemed to actually make the movie. I wasn't really interested in Kingsman, but it was Michael's choice. I actually ended up liking it quite a bit.

On Sunday, we went grocery shopping so we could cook a fancy dinner on Monday night for our three year anniversary. Sunday night, we went to a Brazilian steakhouse in our neighborhood called Grill From Ipanema for an early celebration. We've been multiple times, always using Groupons because it's pretty spendy. We love it. Tonight, the owner asked if we were there for a special occasion and we told him it was for our anniversary and he brought us a free dessert.
 The two pictures I got of us. In one there are sunbeams attacking my face, and in the other they're all over Michael. No great pictures. Oh yeah, there's also this gem where my hair came to life.
The clouds are really pretty though!

So yeah, our weekend revolved around movies and food and not much else. It was so nice to just have a relaxing weekend where we didn't have to get anything done. I'm linking up with Biana for Weekending and Ashley for Monday Madness!

-Mattie

25 comments:

  1. Your weekend looks fun! Happy three years :) And you can't beat free dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a great weekend. That cookie ice cream looks so good, too bad the cookie wasn't as good as you hoped. That is always disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you like the grapefruit cider?! I was thiiiiiis close to buying it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Free dessert is always amazing!! Happy Anniversary you two! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing better than a food and movie weekend! Awesome! I've got to get my hands on that grapefruit cider!!! Yum!!! Great post!!

    XoxoX
    www.ManicMakeupGirl.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh - men & taking pictures for blogs. They are the worst :)
    That can looks like the biggest drink!!! It sounds delish!
    I was disappointed in WILD - the book... I think maybe because I was expecting more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never even heard of a Greek yogurt place! Looks like I'm missing out! Also, I think I'm going to have to add Wild to my reading list:) Happy Anniversary!
    www.jenna-grace.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much fun!! All of that food looks delicious and now I want some greek yogurt or froyo for breakfast. SO THANKS! All your fault ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my that cookie looks delish. Our weekend consisted of movies movies and more movies. We were officially couch potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must try that grapefruit cider. I love cider! Your yummy food looks so good. I'm dying to see Trainwreck. It looks hilarious. Oh and my bag comes today :) it is on the truck for delivery!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to see Train Wreck! Looks hilariosu, i will probably wait for Redbox though!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hard cookies with ice cream do not mix. Boo!!! I just read about Train Wreck last week and decided to need to see it because I love Amy Schumer!! And I love grapefruit cider so much! It is my go to drink for the summer. I haven't tried that one before, I need to be on the look out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to go see that movie...I am so glad it lived up the all the hype! Sounds like you had some yummy food this weekend. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that ice cream sandwich looks so yummy! and happy anniversary!!

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I felt the same way about Kingsmen. Glad I didn't spend money to go see it in the theater, but was impressed when I did see it. And the pictures totally work...even though guys taking them never does ! Happy anniversary !

    ReplyDelete
  16. You guys are the cutest!!! Ok so I also saw Trainwreck and was dying. It is up there with Bridesmaid's now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a wonderful weekend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like y'all had a fun weekend! I want to see Trainwreck so bad. I'm glad to here that it's funny! Happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like a perfect weekend to me! And I think the pic of you with the cookie sandwich is cute! Enjoy your anniversary date!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like an awesome weekend! I love funny movies so I might need to see Trainwreck. And we went to Brazilian steakhouse for our anniversary too and it was AMAZING. I am dying to go back but you're right, it was pricey! I will need to look for a groupon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i rented Kingsman too!! i want to see trainwreck--it's on my list! glad to know you liked it. loved reading about your weekend--y'all look too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving your sunny weather! I want to see Train Wreck. Glad to hear your liked it! Thanks for linking up this week!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't wait to see Trainwreck! And you always get the best ice cream/desserts :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Woot woot, free dessert! It's always nice to treat yourselves on your anniversary, or at least right before :)

    ReplyDelete