Northwest Native: The worst.

Thursday, July 2, 2015

The worst.

Welcome to my pet peeves post, alternately known as my rant about everything that bugs me!
(Note: I don't dislike every person who does these things, but the thing itself annoys me. I have friends who do these things. I am not trying to attack/offend anyone.)

I cannot stand when people add a possessive 's' to store names. It's Nordstrom, NOT Nordstrom's, Fred Meyer, NOT Fred Meyer's (I know they don't have these everywhere; it's like Target or Walmart for those who are confused), and JCPenney, NOT JCPenney's (but it doesn't bother me when people say Penney's...go figure). Has anyone ever said they were going to Target's or Walmart's? No. So why add the 's' to these stores, people?! UGH.
source

I have known only two people in my entire life to do this...but it irritated me. They say (or rather, write), "Thank-you." Huh? Pretty sure that 'thank' and 'you' are separate words, and there is absolutely no reason to hyphenate them when they're said together. Once again, what? I went to school K-12 with one of the people who does it and I know for a fact none of our teachers taught us that.

When people chew with their mouth open! *shudder* Some people not only chew with their mouth open, they smack their food in the process. And also talk/laugh with their mouth full. I can't deal.

I like to walk fast. I have short legs and I can still book it. I hate getting stuck behind people walking slowly who won't move over. And I hate it even more when people decide it's a good idea to just hang out in the middle of the sidewalk/hallway with no regard to the people trying to get by them.
source

The end of the toilet paper roll should always go over, NOT under. End of story.
source

When people say, 'would of' or 'could of' or 'should of' it drives me nuts. I know these people went to elementary school where we learned contractions and that would've, should've, and could've are shortened version of would have, should have, and could have.

This is probably the thing that bugs me the most, because I encounter it the most (every day commuting to/from work--and my commute is only 5-10 minutes without traffic and I don't get on a freeway!). I hate stupid drivers. I think I need a few bullet points for this one.
  • When you can just tell someone wants to get over into your lane (they're kind of hovering or inching your direction) but they don't put their blinker on I refuse to let them over, even though I can tell they want over. USE. YOUR. BLINKER!
  • Cutting people off! There are multiple spots in my commute home where there is one lane going straight and the other lane is right or left turn only. It irritates me to no end when someone purposely gets in the turn only lane (generally because there's a line of traffic in the straight only lane) and just cuts over in front of that lane.
  • Yes, I have my fair share of road rage, BUT I can't stand when people give the finger because of road rage. Honking is totally fine. Flipping someone off...nah.
  • I also hate unwarranted road rage. Not sure what I'm talking about? Below was my experience with unwarranted road rage (and getting flipped off!).

What are your pet peeves? I honestly probably missed some of mine, but I don't really think about them until they come up.

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

17 comments:

  1. Everything you said about bad drivers...amen! I agree, too, about honking versuses flipping people off. Just unnecessary. And I am a fast walker, too! I just hate when people go slow...either walk faster or get out of the way! Such a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh ohhhh I'm pretty sure I say Fred Meyers all the time. And probably Nordstroms too. Hahaha. Sorry!!! Justin walks slower than I do. I'm always like COME ON WALK FASTER. And yes yes yes about the toilet paper. My office has it under and the big boss likes it that way. Drives me cookoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I could do an entire post about driving pet peeves. Drives me nutso.

      Delete
  3. This is such a funny post. I agree with pretty much all of them and definitely the toilet paper one! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahah! Oh my gosh this is great. Could not agree more with the slow walkers......nothing worse than having to shove your way through a sea of slow people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the new layout by the way! So cute!!!

      Delete
  5. OH MY GOSH! I totally agree 100%! I know someone that writes "week-end" all the time. Drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg. I also hate "Nordies". NO. NORDSTROM!!! Also, I usually feel like the angriest driver on the road because all of those things drive me up the wall. And people who walk slow fall into the "Things I Hate While Driving" category because it's just all people in my way haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS I LOVE THIS BLOG LAYOUT! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just thinking of the over vs. under toilet paper last night! Totally agree! What's worse is when people *forget* to refill it at all....grrrrr. And yesss to the slow walkers- get out of my way, or at least get over to the side!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHAHA I love this! I seriously couldn't agree with you more on these! I'm a fast walker too and I will seriously run you over if you "meander" or just stop in front of me. Not cool people, not cool at all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Golly, Mattie! I couldn't agree more. I HATE it when people say Nordstrom's or Pike's Place. It's freakin' Pike Place, morons. Does that make me a bad person? I always wonder that and bite my tongue when I feel the need to "educate" people. (Hold it in, Lindsay!!!) I am a super fast walker, too. Even my boyfriend calls me out on it and asks me to walk slower. I hate the feeling that I'm annoying people by walking fast, but honestly it's annoying to "try" to walk slow. I guess all those years of retail have trained me to be fast. BTW I LOVE your new blog layout! It's so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cant handle the lips smacking while eating - or chewing gum. NO no no no no no.

    I put the toilet paper on where its down at work just to tick off my coworkers who get FURIOUS over it :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at your new blog design!! I LOVE IT!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate getting stuck behind slow walkers!! It's the worst! I'm short too but can still move quick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. When people use apostrophes in plural words!!!!!!! It just makes me so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. To add to the slow walker pet peeve or people hanging out in the middle of the sidewalk, how about people staring at their phones while walking in front of you and their pace is random and they weave all around? (how about that run on sentence too?!?)

    ReplyDelete