Northwest Native: Liebster Award!

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Liebster Award!

Last week, Jenna from Jenna Grace nominated me for the Liebster Award! Thanks, Jenna!
You guys know I love my surveys...so I'm excited to answer the questions and nominate a few fellow bloggers to do the same!

What is one item you could not live without? This is way too hard. I guess I'd say my computer. This makes me sound like one of those people who doesn't pay attention to real live people and just stares at a screen instead but I promise I'm not! I just figured food and water were a given, and ice cream and coffee fall under those categories so...computer it is. I can contact my friends and family using it, blog, watch TV and movies, shop, and listen to music. It's just very multi-purpose.

What is something/someone that makes you laugh? Michael, of course! Whether he's saying weird things, teasing me about blogging, or walking around in my patent tweed wedges (yes, this happened), that guy is always making me laugh.
If you could ever change your first name, what would it be and why? I used to be obsessed with the name Autumn, and then I wasn't anymore. I also love Peyton, and it's not reserved as a future child of mine's name so that could be an option... But really, I think I'd keep my name, even though people constantly ask me if it's short for something or spell it with D's instead of T's.

What's the story behind your blog name? Naming my blog was the absolute worst part about starting a blog. Basically, I've lived in Oregon and Washington my entire life sooo I am a native of the Northwest. Pretty self-explanatory. I kind of wish it was catchier/more clever, but I wanted to start my blog then, not brainstorm for weeks.

What is the best thing you have splurged on? Most of the expensive stuff I own was paid for by my mom. But I purchased my Kate Spade purse earlier this year on crazy sale for $178 (regular price is $298!). You can see what I keep in this baby here!

If you could spend one day with any celebrity, who would it be and why? I have to agree with Jenna--I don't think I'd want to. There are plenty of celebrities who I think would be awesome to be friends with (Jennifer Lawrence, Mindy Kaling, Amy Schumer, Taylor Swift, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler...), but I feel like just spending a day with them I'd feel like a charity case. They're spending time with me because they're famous and I won something or it's for publicity or whatever. I don't think I'd like that. Plus I think I'd be super awkwardly starstruck anyway.

What did you want to be when you grew up? A mom, a ballerina, and an apple picker. Yes, I actually wanted to be an apple picker.

What is your favorite place in the entire world? This is way too hard. I guess I'd say my parents' house, aka my childhood home. It's just comforting. And now when I visit, Michael and my pups come with me, so my little family and my parents are all there, which I love.

If you had a super power what would it be? I would pick flight, hands down! You know I hate traffic, and if I could fly, I'd never have to deal with it!

What book are you currently reading? The Martian. I started it on Sunday and I can already tell it's going to be a slow read.

I nominate Emily @ a little bit of emily, Liz @ Sundays With Sophie, and Blake @ Thirteen Ninety Eight! (I nominated bloggers I hadn't nominated for loves & hates! I have another post like this coming up next week, so you may be nominated in that post if you weren't nominated for this or loves & hates!)

-Mattie

22 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Well deserved. I too hate traffic, it makes me so ragey. Lol at being an apple picker. I can't wait to go apple picking this fall. It's so fun. Plus I love apples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally look like your name could be Autumn!! Also, I've always wondered, is Mattie short for something? Such a cute name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, love this! I cannot wait to do my own post...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the nomination!! Do we answer the questions you answered? Michael is a hoot. I actually like your name, very to the point and it's distinct, haven't come across any other blogs with your name :)

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post!! And I love the name Mattie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate flying so I wonder if I had that super power, if I'd feel better about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the name Peyton, Mindy Kaling (can't wait for her new season!), that your favorite place is home, and your blog name! Great list Mattie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bag,... the color, everything....I am in love. I love that you wanted to be an apple picker ahah! At least your job would have been interesting right?? :) Love learning more about ya!! Happy Thursday XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am with you, there are a ton of celebrities that I could see myself being friends with...but I ain't no charity case! I listened to The Martian on audiobook and it was amazing. I would imagine reading it would be quite slow with all the math and chemistry talk. Hang in there because it is a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woohoo I love Liebsters! I don't think I'd change my name either, although getting called Lauren and Laurie does get a little on my nervs haha. I was thinking about reading the Martian....but if you're thinking it's going to be a slow read maybe I'll hold off on it till cold winter reading weather is back. I love these little interviews so we can get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome!! Love the Kate Spade bag (and it was such a steal!) and the fact that you picked flight as your super power. I hate traffic too, so if you ever get that super power, feel free to pick me up on the way to work. ;)

    xo,
    katrina
    thedemuremuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of those names! I always wondered if Mattie was short for something too. And I've never thought of the celebrity question that way (only hanging out with you because you won something), but now that you mention it, I totally agree! That wouldn't be fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that bag is gorgeous!
    i'd be the same with the celebrity. i mean, i'd love to hang out with them if it wasn't like a charity thing, but it would be awkward otherwise. maybe i could just be a fly on the wall instead lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. OBSESSED with your Kate Spade purse! Also, I LOVE your name and its on my list for a future baby girls name. My last name is Mathison so I think shortening it to Mattie would be a nice way to use a family name

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Mattie!
    How fun! I love this post. I wish we lived closer so we could have a cup of coffee together and just chat. I'm an East Coaster but hope to retire to the West Coast... so perhaps a cup of coffee is in our future! I always love your posts. Hope the end of your week goes well! Almost the weekend! :-)
    BB
    http://thebusybrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the red Kate Spade splurge - it's always fun to have a bright purse in the collection!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Computer would probably fall into that category as well. I'm not sure what I would do if I didn't have access to one! I love that purse too... I've been looking for a crossbody that isn't too small but too big, ya know? I don't know if I could splurge on a Kate Spade though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like that you wanted to be an apple picker :) I always love reading these "getting to know you" type posts. It's a fun way to discover interesting things...like wanting to be an apple picker - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your Kate Spade purse! So pretty. :) What do you think of The Martian so far? I've been curious about it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i'm about an hour into The Martian on audiobook...it's a slow listen! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You wanted to be an apple picker! That's so cute:) Interested to hear what you think about the Martian!
    www.jenna-grace.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the nomination! I'll write my post soon :)!

    ReplyDelete