Northwest Native: July Budget [2015]

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July Budget [2015]

I'm linking up with Franish's Budgeting Bloggers today to show you my purchases for the month of July. Normally my budget includes purchases from multiple stores. July's budget has a lot less variety. The reason for this can be summed up in three words: Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. You'd better believe I have to shop this sale every year!

First I'm going to shock you all by saying I bought the Sam Edelman Gigi Sandals that I haven't shut up about (not the shocking part)...but I returned them.
One // $69.95 When these arrived I was giddy, as you all would expect since I've posted my love of them a million and one times. It took me FOREVER to get them unbuckled. Getting the end of the strap through took tons of time. I think I even started sweating. And then getting the little metal thingy out of the hole was even worse! And then of course there's the second shoe... Anyway, I got it done, put them on and buckled on the loosest one and it just felt tight. And I was like...ehhh. Also I wanted to put that $69.95 toward Anniversary Sale stuff if I wasn't absolutely in love with the sandals. So back they went.

All right. This is where it gets good. Time for the Anniversary Sale picks!
One // Two
One // $52, sale price $33.90
Two // $78, sale price $49.90 Returned, sleeves too tight.
Three // $39, sale price $25.90
Four // $28, sale price $17.90 Returned, super sheer and clung instead of hanging like in the picture.
Five // $48, sale price $31.90 Returned, I LOVED the back, but the neckline looked too much like nightgown on me. I also tried on the other dress right after and that made it clear I should return this one.
Six // $64, sale price $41.90
Seven // $54, sale price $35.90
Eight // $48, sale price $31.90
Nine // $64, sale price $41.90
Ten // $64, sale price $41.90
Eleven // $42, sale price $27.90 - $20 Nordstrom note = $7.90


There turned out to be one last minute non-Nordstrom purchase!

Twelve // $24.99, on sale for $19.99 - $15 Target gift cards - 5% REDcard discount = $4.74

$285.94 - $12.80 (Poshmark sales) = $253.14

I spent about a normal two months' worth of budgeting. I purchased all of my Nordstrom purchases on my Nordstrom credit card. I had a credit of about $50 on my card from a purchase I had made, paid off, and then ended up returning, so the balance ended up being a little less scary. I've already paid off the balance (before my statement was even ready) and I'm somehow not broke! That $20 note that I used was earned before the sale, but with all the triple and double points on most of these purchases I've earned another that I can spend later. (Like in September, because no way am I shopping in August after this spending frenzy.) Oh, yeah, and I bought the dark wash jeans instead of the light wash jeans because I just prefer dark wash. And these fit so well, so I'll just replace my other dark wash jeans. And I can buy some light wash ones later, maybe with my other $20 note!

I also think the sale has rekindled my love of Nordstrom. Not that I ever lost it, but I was shopping at Old Navy and Target a lot, and this has made me want to go back to Nordstrom more...which could be dangerous.

June Budget
May Budget

-Mattie

20 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry the Gigi sandals didn't work for you. They are made of a nice sturdy material than inferior brands which is why they are hard to buckle initially, but that definitely goes away as you break them in. I personally love my Gigi's BUT mine were also only ~$20. I would have to agree with you that it was a smart move to return them though since you weren't in love and you can definitely find them for less than $50 at plenty of places. Love all of the pants you picked up, I may just have to check some of these out bc I really need some for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've only shopped at Nordstrom a few times but it seems like I should take a few lessons from you before I attempt to do so again! Love your picks though, especially 3, 8 and 11!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!!! I also bought #11 too - the olive green tunic top thing - love it! Can't wait for Fall ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!!!! I also bought #11 too - the olive green tunic top thing - love it! Can't wait for Fall ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of the things you go! Especially the black bag and floral shift dress!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your new goodies. I totally went over my budget this month and totally need to sit down and figure out exactly how bad i was. Ugh...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe its a good thing I've never shopped Nords... I could potentially go broke

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have 2 pairs of the Sam Edelman Gigi which I love, but I always buy them on sale at Nordstrom Rack or Amazon. I've never noticed the buckle issue, but I usually just slip them on and off since there's an elastic part to the back. I also bit on the Zella leggings. Aren't they awesome?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nordstroms has such nice, classic pieces, gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your anniversary sale picks... especially number 5!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of your picks but the floral dress is my favorite! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That stinks about those shoes!!! BOO!!!! I went back and forth on whether I wanted to order those Zella leggings or not. Are you wearing them to work out in or to wear out and about? I have heard people doing both.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shoes are probably the one item I hate to spend money on (you'd think I want to spend money on something that's going to support my feet), I just like to use as much money as I can on clothes. I don't shop at Nordstrom too much, but we also don't have one down here, may have to check out their online store a little more after your picks :)

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh your style is a lot like mine. I could have all of those clothes in my closet right now and I would not be mad about it...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Originally, I reacted the best to #5. Then, I read your comments, went back, and thought "yeah, it does kinda look like a nightgown." Smart girl.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bummer about the sandals - they are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am dying for those Wit & Wisdom jeans but they are out of my size :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. I put in a Nordstrom sale order this morning (whew, with only a few days to spare!), and those leggings were included! Love your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's too bad those sandals didn't work out for you :( If they're not right they're not right though, so you made a wise decision. You picked up a lot of solid basics at that sale, so I'm impressed you came in around the $250 mark!

    ReplyDelete