Northwest Native: Friday Favorites

Friday, July 31, 2015

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! I'm linking up with AndreaErika, and Narci for Friday Favorites and Astleigh for The Pick!

Number One: Cute pajamas!

I get reeeeally hot when I sleep (see favorite number two) so I have to wear shorts or a nightgown to sleep in or I die. I do love me some cute flannel pajama sets to lounge around in (I have a super cute penguin pair from Munki Munki--but I also love this short-sleeved set, especially the 'bakery' print!) but I need some more cute pajamas I can actually sleep in. Forever 21 has some super cute pairs! They're really cheap too, but I assume I'd have to pay for shipping, which I basically refuse to do...and going into that store is a nightmare. Oh well, a girl can dream.
Whales // Glasses
I had a pair of Forever 21 pajama shorts a few years ago and they were insanely short. Like practically underwear. Does anyone know if their PJ sets are that intense? Because I want shorts that cover my booty.

Number Two: Knowing you're not alone.

This article from Cosmo is hilarious. This is absolutely me. The thing that makes it worse is I also get cold really easily! It has to be a perfect mid-temperature or I have to be wearing the perfect amount of clothing to be comfortable. Unlike the article, I can (and have to) wear a coat when it's cold, but if I'm walking briskly (which is always) I get really hot! The worst is walking in the cold all layered and then getting where you're going and it's all heated inside. Ick.
via
In relevant news... #toodamnhot

Number Three: Actually being able to work out!

Calling all runners (or literally anyone who has had shin splints)! While I was at my parents' last weekend, I developed some gnarly shin splints. I credit it to Tully having to run FULL SPEED every time she saw my mom outside...and dragging me behind her wearing my not-so-supportive sandals. (Michael says it takes weeks for shin splints to develop...but that doesn't seem likely in my case...anyone know how long it takes to develop them?) It hurt with every step I took (even just walking). I didn't work out Monday or Tuesday and I stopped feeling the pain. Then on Wednesday I got on the treadmill and I started feeling the pain almost immediately. I ended up pushing to a mile but I just couldn't run anymore after that the pain was so bad! When will they go away?! Is there anything I can do to speed up the process? Help a sister out!

Number Four: Apartment envy!

I am DYING over Courtney's post showcasing her apartment decor! It is so clean, organized, put together, and cute! I'm not posting a picture because I don't want anyone pinning it from my post and getting directed here, so go check it out! She also has a French Bulldog named Waffles who is adorable. My apartment/house will never look as good as hers. This gives me anxiety about the state of my apartment. (Seriously...it currently looks like it's occupied by hoarders. I hate it.)

Number Five: Crossbody bags for fall from Target!

I love all three of these bags from Target! I love that they're fall colors, but they're not black, cognac, or brown like I normally gravitate toward. My favorite is the gray because I'm loving fringe and haven't added anything with fringe to my closet. I want to see them in person first, but I'm considering returning the tote I bought from Nordstrom. It's just bigger than most purses I normally carry and it's not a crossbody...but it's so pretty...I'm torn!
 Fringe
 Foldover
Buckles

Number Six: Hilarious tweets

I actually don't have Twitter anymore, but one of my favorite things to read are collections of funny tweets. This list from Buzzfeed had me laughing until I was crying. I'll be honest, it was Monday night right before bed when I stumbled upon this, so I may have been a little delirious. But this tweet was one of my absolute favorites.

That's it for this Friday! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Want more? Follow on Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Pinterest

25 comments:

  1. Those purses are cute!! And that tweet is funny! Have a great weekend Mattie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - I am SO like you when it comes to places like Forever 21. I refuse to pay for shipping, too, but I will NOT go in a store like that (especially bc I'm 33... so I'd be basically a grandma in there!). Too funny. I am currently on a spending strike but you are enticing me with those Target purses. So cute! I think the middle one's my fav.
    Have a great weekend!
    BB
    http://thebusybrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The heat around here is ridiculous!!!! We have AC in our house thank GOODNESS or otherwise I would be one #($*@)(* lady ... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I haven't been to Target in a couple of weeks (how?!)...looks like I need to go back! Those purses are adorable!

    Shin splits suck. Icing helps some. You can massage the muscle right on the side of your shin bone. It hurts like no other, but it helps. Also doing stretches for your shin before you walk or exercise definitely helps. I've started doing that no matter what kind of exercise I am doing! Shin splints are no joke!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get SO hot when I sleep. It is ridiculous. Again...we may or may not be the same person! Love your target picks...perfect for the fall/winter! LOVE that apartment...it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a pair of the Forever pajamas and yeah, they were SUPER short. Like conservative underwear short haha. And I feel ya on the shin splints. All I can say is pineapple after long runs has helped! There is an enzyme in there that is supposed to help muscle tears and I think it does really help! Happy Friday Mattie! Hope your legs heal up quick...shins splints are the worstt!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always hot but I never get hot when I sleep. It's so crazy. There is nothing worse than it being freezing outside, only to get inside and feel like you are roasting. The worst! Hope you feel better soon, shin splints are so painful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm already on the hunt for a cute fall crossbody bag!
    I am OBSESSED with the cute PJ's ... but usually end up falling asleep in my running clothes ... sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just recently bought a cross body bag from Forever21 and love it! Those pjs are so cute!

    Have a good weekend Mattie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of those pj sets are adorable - I want them all! I usually just end up sleeping in an running shirt and shorts I've had since college - so not cute! haha

    I have a crossbody purse from Target that I LOVE but my 16 year old cousin once called it an old lady purse so now I'm self conscious about it :( lol

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I might need to make a trip to Target now because I am loving that second purse!! I completely feel ya on the shin splints. I get them from walking or even doing a lot of jumping (with normal tennis shoes too!). It's frustrating because they kinda set you back. I've found that icing your shins right after working out kind of helps.. Maybe some people are more prone them?! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those bags from Target, L O V E! Especially the fringe! And the PJ's are cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That apt is gorgeous and she is making me feel like I fail at life LOL! Ummm this is the first time you guys went over 10 days of 90+ degrees??? LOL!!! We have been in the 90's here for like months. The low 90's feels like a cool spring day compared to the upper 90's to 100+++ with the humidity that we have had lately. So jealous. Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love her apartment! Oh my gosh if mine was that bright and clean. I love crossbodies, but I'm in love with my longchamp bag too much to give it up for a cross body

    Cute pajamas are a must, however I usually just steal Kyle's clothes and wear those to bed. #whymyhusbandneverhascleanboxers

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those pj's are so cute. I could never wear flannel because I get too hot too fast, and I actually like using covers instead of sheets (somehow I always get tangled in sheets?!. I'd totally wear some of those as tees though, presuming they're not too thin! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Melting!! It is 100 right now. I want to cry. I get shin splints too, but it is better when I wear the right shoes and stretch. I don't know if that makes any sense actually, but it works in my head ;) That apartment is SO cute. I'm jealous too! Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Every time i've gotten in my car it has been above 100. Give me a break!! I have shin splints right now too, dyyyyiiinnnnggggg!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl I love me some jammies!!!!

    www.thatnatalie.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just before reading this wI was laying here debating what cute Jammie's I was going to lounge in all day... Now I want more! Haha
    Hope you're having a great weekend Mattie!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i have two pairs of f21 pjs and they are SO COMFY and SO WONDERFUL. next time you come visit let's go buy them all! (in moderation obviously because debt repayment)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those pj's from Forever 21 are super cute, but I agree they're way too short! I hate to say it but you get what you pay for. Every time I buy something from there, they don't last long...especially work out clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  22. There are so many cute pajamas I’m loving right now! I hate when there is a day that a workout doesn’t fit in – It’s always the best start to my days! Hope your weekend was great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i was looking for crossbody bags the other day! this is perfect. i'm all for cute and comfy pjs.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love those PJs. I was looking at a set a few weeks ago with flamingo print shorts. The top said something like "Single and Ready to Flamingle", which made me laugh but got some side eye from my man friend.

    Forever 21 does some free shipping/free shipping for orders $21+ offers sometimes, so you could keep your eye out for one of those to avoid annoying shipping charges.

    ReplyDelete
  25. How are your shin splints? Honestly the only thing you can do is rest...and do other exercises besides running! I use my foam roller to massage my shins when I have them...and if they're mild I'll do a combo of walk/run to make it through my workout...but if it hurts the whole time, stop and let your legs heal! It's a frustrating injury but so common!

    ReplyDelete