Northwest Native: Friday Favorites: Weekend Recap Edition?

Friday, July 3, 2015

Friday Favorites: Weekend Recap Edition?

It's Friday Favorites time! I'm linking up with AndreaErika, and Narci just like every week! I'm also linking up with Astleigh for The Pick! One of my favorites that I won't list is definitely the fact that there's no work for me today! Woohoo America!

Because of scheduled link-ups (and other posts I had written and waited for a free day to post) I didn't do a weekend recap this week. Which means a lot of my favorites are from last weekend and you just haven't heard about them yet! (It's like this post just wrote itself!)

Number One: New phone!

When my mom and I upgraded our phones last January, we did the thing (eloquently put, no?) where you pay off the phone monthly on your regular bill, and after x amount of months you're eligible for an upgrade and x amount of months after that, you officially own the phone. My mom upgraded months ago, but I just didn't have much of an interest. Do you want to know the sole reason for me deciding to upgrade?
Yes. This flying penguin phone case is the reason I decided to upgrade my phone. Pamela posted this a while back and ever since then I've been itching to sport this case on a new phone. Penguins are my favorite animal, by the way. They also have tons of other different cute options through that same link. I might have to buy some more so I can switch it up! (And yes I got gold because it looks so good with the clear cover.)

Number Two: New mugs!

I promise all of my favorites won't be "new ___!" My mom has had to spend lots of time in the hospital lately (my dad had a couple of surgeries, which is why we went down there to visit last weekend). She found these two adorable mugs in the hospital gift shop. Are you kidding?!
Michael loved them too, but the first thing he said was, "I wish the words were smaller so I could get a good picture!" Hahaha, oh the age we live in. (I may or may not have thought exactly the same thing as him and he beat me to it... #bloggerprobs / Oh, and in case you can't crack the code, they say hubby and wifey.)

Number Three: Fun color combos!

I have seen the coral and turquoise color combo everywhere. When I snatched up this coral top, I also grabbed a turquoise tassel necklace. I wanted a turquoise necklace to pair with coral and I wanted something tasseled, so I killed two birds with one stone (no birds were actually harmed in the making of this post).
This is a #deskchairselfie, so the lighting isn't great. The shirt is brighter in person, as are the tassels. I loved the combination!

Number Four: CHOCOLATE sourdough!

It's no secret that I'm a french toast connoisseur (thank you spell check--I would've just picked a synonym if it weren't for you). My mom told me about this amazing chocolate sourdough bread she got at the farmer's market and said she made french toast with it on Father's Day. I ended up sampling some chocolate sourdough at a different farmer's market and I was sold. So on Sunday I made chocolate sourdough french toast and it was wonderful.
It makes me hungry just looking at it.

Number Five: Bubbly.

No, I don't mean champagne. (Although that is one of my favorites.) I mean these giant flavored sparkling waters they sell at Safeway for a dollar.
I've been buying this every time we go to the store lately (only in orange creme--no other flavor will do!). I'd like to tell you that I drink it over ice in a cute little glass, maybe with some sort of garnish and a pretty paper straw...but I just drink it right out of the bottle. I'd also like to point out that this is the first picture I took with my aforementioned new phone. I'm sorry new phone, your first picture should've been of a gorgeous landscape or something. You deserve better.

Number Six: Greek yogurt bars!

I know I told you all that I'm not a fruity dessert person. My mom bought Outshine fruit popsicles and they were delicious and not crazy bad for you, so I intended to buy some. However, they're kind of expensive, so I opted for these Greek yogurt pops.
OH MY WORD. These things are heavenly. So creamy and delicious. I even bought Skinny Cow chocolate truffle bars too because I thought I'd like them better, but nope. These are cheaper and SO MUCH BETTER. I bought blueberry too.

Number Seven: The gay agenda.

This cracked me up. It's from the Buzzfeed BFF Facebook page.
And while that was cracking me up, this Buzzfeed list of brand tweets celebrating marriage equality was giving me all the feels.

Number Eight: My wedding ring!

Michael and I bought our wedding rings at a place near my hometown because my mom gets all of her nice jewelry there so we know and trust them. We went to get Michael's ring resized and I got to pick mine up! (Mine fit perfectly when I first tried it on, and still does. We also paid our rings off over a few months, and they've just been sitting in the safe at the store.)
Yes, my engagement ring is small and simple. We got engaged senior year of college and were waiting to get married until we could afford it. So we couldn't afford a giant ring, but I actually just wanted a very simple small diamond. (Although in high school I wanted a canary yellow cushion cut diamond surrounded by small white diamonds--don't get me wrong, I'd totally take that now, but I doubt we're going to win the lottery!) I still love my ring every time I look at it. And I love the band too, but it's going to be so weird to get used to wearing that too once we're married!

Number Nine: New blog design!

Last Friday, this favorite was followed by a question mark instead of an exclamation point. Yes, I took the plunge and got a new blog design! I'm loving it! I got it from TheBlogShop on Etsy. I did end up paying the extra $5 for her to install it. (I didn't have to give out my password, just make her an admin on my blog temporarily!) She was so quick! I ordered it Tuesday afternoon and we emailed back and forth a little bit about certain parts (my social media links, my picture, etc.) and when I woke up on Wednesday it was done! My next order of business is to get a button made for my blog, a la Stephanie's recommendation!

Number Ten: My wedding dress!

The boutique where I purchased my wedding dress is a few blocks away from my apartment. However, they announced that they're moving this month and that everyone would have to pick up their gowns. That's frustrating because 1) I really didn't/don't want to store my gown in my apartment (it's small, Michael's there, I have dogs...etc.) and 2) I'm nervous they'll move far away and it'll be a pain to go back for alterations. Oh, and I could've easily walked there if they were in their old location and they still had my dress. But now they might be too far...plus I can't carry that thing in the summer heat (they said I should start fittings in August).
BUT...this is a favorite because I bought my dress last August. Yes. I bought my dress fourteen months before my wedding. When I picked it up on Tuesday, it was the first time I got to see it in person since! It's just really exciting to be able to see it again and imagine our big day!

I think that's it for this week's edition of Friday Favorites! Phew! I don't think I've had one this long...maybe ever?! Kudos to you if you made it all the way to the end. :) Thanks for reading!

-Mattie

14 comments:

  1. AHHH getting to see your dress is so exciting!!!! And your ring is really really beautiful!!! I was also like you and dreamed of a 4 carat cushion cut PINK diamond in high school haha! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding ring is beautiful, Mattie! And I really laughed out loud to the reference for using spell check for connoissuer (and I probably spelled it wrong because I'm too lazy to scroll back up to see how you spelled it...I'll just type in a mile long explanation instead!) because it reminded me of my post a few weeks ago regarding words I simply can NOT spell! Still can't spell! Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love so many things in this post I can't even comment on all of them. But that penguin phone case is the best! I have a clear one with a floral pattern and I love how you can see the rose gold through it. I also love your turquoise and coral outfit and I want some of that chocolate french toast! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I love your new blog design!!
    2. That coral top and tassel necklace!! My fav!!
    3. Eek!! Wedding dresses are so exciting!!
    Have a great holiday weekend girly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized we both left comments in numbers. Seeing your comment must have inspired me ha!

      Delete
  5. 1. Yay for posts that write themselves!
    2. Hilarious. I love that phone case. And I also have had two gold iPhones even though you can never see the gold. I just like to know that it's there;)
    3. Your ring is PERFECT!
    4. I neeeeeeeed a tassle necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A) Those mugs are AWESOME. B) The gay agenda. OMFG I love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love so many things in this post! Your wedding dress, those mugs, your ring, and that phone case!

    Happy 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mattie - OMG. Can I first just say how much I love your new blog design? The colors are so pretty together and it looks great! Your post was so fun today. Love the mugs, love the sourdough, love your rings, love everything! Hope you have a great 4th of July weekend!
    The BB
    http://thebusybrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the phone case and the mugs! Makes me almost want to get that phone case, but I'm such a klutz that I would break that case if I got it

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, love the new blog design. Also, I hope that your dad is doing alright. And as far as your engagement rings goes, the size of the diamond in no way measures love. I told Husband that he was to pay for my ring in full bc going into debt over a ring is kind of crazy so I think it's great that you guys bought what you could afford at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Mattie girl! <3 I LOVE your blog design. I didn't get the chance to see the old one, but I love the one you picked! The header is gorgeous, totally the first thing I noticed when I popped over. I'm so glad I jumped in on your blog game before your big day. Totes excited to follow along as you continue blogging about all of the details!!! HOORAY for new blog friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many Friday favorites...I love it! Definitely going to look for those Greek yogurt pops!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun that your wedding dress is finally in and you get to see it after such a long wait!! I remember this time of year leading up to my October wedding...getting everything finalized and making those last minute touches! It will all be worth it!

    p.s. Love your new blog look!

    ReplyDelete