Northwest Native: Friday Favorites: The post that almost wasn't.

Friday, July 24, 2015

Friday Favorites: The post that almost wasn't.

It's Friday and I'm off work chilling at my parents' (air-conditioned!) house! I'm linking up with AndreaErika, and Narci for Friday Favorites!

I almost didn't post at all today. It's 10:53 on Thursday night as I'm typing this. We got here around 8:30 and just hung out, ate, and I busted into my Nordstrom packages! I contemplated not posting at all and Michael said I would regret it if I didn't. I think he's right. I've posted every weekday so far since I started blogging at the end of April. I know one day I'll take some breaks but not yet!

I'm not going to format this post my usual way, because I'm kind of having some writer's block and I think paragraph form will be easier right now. Plus, why not switch it up?!

My favorite shopping partner is my mom! On Saturday, we're going to Nordstrom in the Portland area to make some Anniversary Sale returns together! She also wants to look around for a mother of the bride dress, which will be exciting! We're dragging Michael along with the promise that he gets to choose where we go for lunch. Also crossing my fingers that I'm able to meet up with Katie while we're in Portland! (Stephanie, you busy Saturday? :))
-insert picture of me with my mom here-
(We're really bad at getting pictures together. Also my parents' Internet is being really slow so I don't have the patience to let all my pictures load and find one.)

My parents' house backs up to the woods and they have a pretty large yard. There are birds, squirrels, raccoons, and deer (and probably some other wildlife) around. One of my favorite things is how excited my dogs are to be here! They hate going outside at home, because it's just a courtyard with a small patch of fake grass, and there's traffic surrounding the block that our building takes up. They love running around and smelling everything here.
This was taken at our apartment a few months ago...apparently I hardly ever take pictures of both dogs together. I had to scroll so far to find non-individual shots (that I hadn't posted already).

As I was scrolling looking for a picture of both pups, I stumbled across this gem, which is one of my favorite pictures with my siblings!
Even as a child I had no idea what to do with my hands in pictures. #awkward4lyfe
Should I bring back the bangs with the part in the middle? And the Osh Kosh B'gosh from head to toe?

And I'm going to wrap it up! I'm tired and I'm just proud that I ended up posting at all!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

-Mattie

22 comments:

  1. Really great post! Have a nice day:)

    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I am stopping my Nordies today to Check out the sale again. I bought most of my stuff online but I always like to check the store out as well. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - I could have been a brand ambassador for Osh Kosh B'Gosh as a child. That's SO funny!!!!! And your dogs are absolutely adorable. I love them. Can you please do a post dedicated to them one day? I love hearing about doggies, and they are just so, so cute. I also hope you share with us some of your finds from the Nordstrom sale! I haven't bought anything only bc I spent so much this past weekend in NYC, but I can live vicariously through you.
    Have a great time shopping!
    BB
    http://thebusybrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear my mom kept Osh Kosh in business when I was a child! She always had me wearing it. I'm planning on doing a post with the story of each dog, but I haven't figured out just when to do it yet!

      Delete
  4. The cutest doggie faces ever!! Lets be real, we all have those moments where we are tired and "To post, or not to post" takes over. You go girl! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture is adorable... look at your little smile.
    I can imagine that for dogs, being out in nature, its like a piece of heaven. #AlltheSmells :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you've only been blogging for a few months, you are doing such an awesome job and already have so many friends and followers and awesome posts! Have a great weekend at your parents, sounds so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also can't believe that we started blogging about the same time and you're doing so well! Love that childhood photo, so cute! Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nordstrom shopping is the best :) Have a great weekend!
    Kelsey
    http://www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY GOSH I'M SO AWKWARD TOO!! Haha i've always been awkward. I also love that Michael told you that you would regret it. What a support system of your blogging life! You're going to have such a fun weekend with your parents (but especially with air conditioning!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yup, so awkward! Always have been, probably always will be! It was so sweet of him! I'm glad I ended up doing it.

      Delete
  10. I felt the same way about writing a blog post last night! Serious struggle. Hoping to see you tomorrow too! Yay for blog friends becoming real life friends too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahahah. I always text things like #awkward4lyfe #bloglyfe #thatlyfe. I think it's hilarious!! Love your sweet pups! Such cuties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yup, I love it! It's just better with a y. :) Thank you!

      Delete
  12. AHHH!!!! i've got some work stuff but i might be able to, depending on the time!!! text meeee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have so much fun shopping with your mom! The Nordstrom sale is going to be the end of me!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so awesome that you've posted every week day! I struggle so much with coming up with things to talk about so I don't post that often. Cute dogs too! I don't think I've seen a picture of them on here yet! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look so adorable as a child! And yeah, sometimes it's nice to escape the city and relax for a while where there's space!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the throwback pic!! So precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Osh Gosh...I think I lived in that brand when I was little. Hope you had a great weekend at your parents...so nice you were able to go with your mom shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Osh Kosh B'gosh was the best!!! Hahaha I love that photo!

    ReplyDelete