Northwest Native: Friday Favorites: A Nordic Trainwreck.

Friday, July 17, 2015

Friday Favorites: A Nordic Trainwreck.

It's Friday! This week went by pretty quickly for me, I hope it did for you too! I'm linking up with AndreaErika, and Narci for Friday Favorites and April for Five on Friday! I'm also linking up with Astleigh for The Pick!

Number One: A fresh pedicure.

I told you that I painted my toes on Sunday with my new polish and top coat. Well, I'm absolutely loving it!
I wanted to show a picture of the color on my toes without actually showing much of my feet. I know most people are grossed out by feet, and I don't think mine are pretty either.
The polish color is OPI Skating on Thin Ice-Land. It's part of their Nordic collection, which can all be found through that link. I think I might need to buy Suzi Has a Swede Tooth. I love it and don't have anything like it!
I'm convinced that this Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat is better than the OPI top coat I usually use. It seems thicker...but in a good way, like it's really protecting the polish. It also seems shinier. My feelings could be skewed because I'm ecstatic to have my toes properly painted for the first time in about a month. I'll try it on my fingers (the true test!) and see if it makes my polish last any longer and report back.

Number Two: A favorite summer outfit.

I don't know what it is about these pants...both times I've worn them I've felt the need to take a work bathroom selfie. Okay I do know what it is. I love them.
Yes, this is the same day I took a picture of my pedicure.
Pants (first time I've seen my color online!) - Denim jacket - Swing tank - Lariat necklace
Shoes (similar, similar)

Number Three: Current favorite songs.

*Worth It - Fifth Harmony - This seems like one of those songs I'd hear on the radio and hate/make fun of. But nope, I'm obsessed. It's my jam.
*Can't Feel my Face - The Weeknd - This song is so random. I'm not sure what it actually means. I guess it's a good thing he can't feel his face around her, but I don't know why. No matter what it means, I love it.
*Classic Man - Jidenna - I think this is supposed to be a song that dudes like. I can't explain it, but I'm super into it. I get really excited whenever it comes on.
*Fight Song - Rachel Platten - The first time I heard this was on Pretty Little Liars. Though I admit I love the show, I usually think the music is questionable. So I totally judged this song. But when I started hearing it on the radio I changed my mind. Her voice is amazing, and it's just a powerful song.
*Trap Queen - Fetty Wap - This is super catchy and makes me feel way more hardcore than I am. And no, I don't do drugs, swear.
*Trap Queen (cover) - Ed Sheeran - I love Ed Sheeran's cover of this. Especially because it's a rap song all about drugs, and Ed Sheeran is a baby-faced ginger who normally sings sweet love songs.

Number Four: Trainwreck.

The movie Trainwreck with Amy Schumer is out this weekend! I want to see it because I love funny women. I've also seen Amy Schumer in something...maybe a talk show appearance? Anyway, I thought she was hilarious. It helps that Lebron is in it, because that's how I can convince Michael to go with me.
We haven't officially planned it, but I mentioned it was coming out and Michael was down to see it, so I'm hoping to go this weekend! Source for poster (and also a trailer if you don't know what this movie is) here!

Number Five: An October birthday.

You guys know I went sort of nuts with Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale (see my purchases here). Well...I found one more thing I loved, and also decided I should go for another thing I already loved. No, I absolutely didn't buy them! I often find things in the Anniversary Sale and ask my mom to get them for me for my birthday. Last year I may have picked out so much that it was spread over my birthday and Christmas.
Cardigan - Ivory, Black, Grey, Burgundy, Olive // Tan, Rust
I saw this cardigan on @sunsetsandstilettos Instagram and fell in love. I love a long, comfy sweater like this with booties and jeans, or boots and leggings, but I feel like it's hard to find a perfect one. I liked tan, but I thought it might wash me out (and I now see they're out of all sizes but one, which happens to not be my size). Burgundy is really pretty and I also like olive, but they aren't as versatile. Black and grey are obviously versatile, but I thought ivory was even more so, because I can wear it with black or grey jeans/leggings.
 Booties
I asked for these Sam Edelman booties after I realized the BP booties I originally wanted were totally sold out in the color I wanted, and actually sold of out my size in every remaining color too. (I wanted last year's version in cognac, and I got two pair for Christmas, actually. But my regular size was too small, and all the larger sizes were sold out at that point.) And then when this year's version was totally sold out, my mom suggested these Sam Edelman fringe booties instead because her coworker got them and they were super cute. I chose the putty color because I have booties in the other colors, but nothing like this. I also don't have any booties with a low heel like this, which I love.

Do you have any exciting weekend plans? We plan on hitting up Bite of Seattle, which is a big festival in the Seattle Center where local food trucks, restaurants, and other vendors set up. The food is always tasty. And you know food is always a huge part of my weekends... Other than that I have to take Flora to get her nails cut at 8 a.m. on Saturday (yes, really!) and I'm hoping we make it to the movies.

-Mattie

33 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike, Mattie! I got a much needed pedi yesterday, too! Love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all those shoes and that nail polish are so cute!!! And that cardigan from Nordstrom!! To bad I've already ordered enough from there this Anniversary Sale :/ And Bite of Seattle sounds fun! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top coat is seriously THE BEST. It works wonders. I want to see that movie too it looks hilarious. And I have an October birthday too!! What a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those pants - look super comfy but nice enough for a work outfit too! I also have an Oct. birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Trap Queen. I actually listened to it last night. That polish color is so pretty and I love that cardigan and booties! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your outfit! Perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in LOVE with your outfit! I'm going to be purchasing it. I wasn't sure how I felt about Trainwreck at first, but after the trailer I am definitely going to be seeing that this weekend (I hope!). Bite of Seattle sounds like SO. MUCH. FUN. We have a Taste of DeSoto and Taste of Hernando where I'm from. I love going, but it's not huge like I beat the Seattle one is. I once attended the Taste of Chicago and it was awesome and it's what I think Bite of Seattle must be like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely my new favorite outfit! Bite of Seattle is pretty big, I bet Chicago's is even bigger and better!

      Delete
  8. Amy was on "Last Comic Standing" one year... & didn't win! :) HA - she gets the last laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The booties and your pedicure are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful nail polish! :) And those shoes you're wearing are pretty cute too! Good songs too, I need to hear the Ed Sheeran version of Trap Queen... I can only imagine what it sounds like haha. Boo for getting up super early on a Saturday but otherwise have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooooh that cardigan is so pretty! that trainwreck movie looks funny and is getting great reviews! my husband won't watch anything that gets rated poorly, so no chick flicks basically ;) the only song i have heard of from your list is fight song and i have only listened to it a couple times, it's so fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg I love the song Classic Man. My jam! I need a pedicure for the and while that color on your toes isn't all that beachy, I LOVE it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not alone!! It just makes me happy every time it comes on and I jam out in my car hahaha.

      Delete
  13. Swoon swoon swooing over those boots! And also just thought I'd thank you since this post reminded me I've been meaning to paint my toes for the past week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Friday!! Hooray for a fresh pedicure and a fab summer outfit! Hope your weekend is a wonderful one! xo - Brenda // Chatting Over Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha too funny you asked your mom to get you stuff for your birthday - I *almost* called my mom AND asked my husband but I knew I wouldn't be able to wait until December for my birthday and if my husband got it I knew I'd wind up just taking it form the hiding place so I just splurged for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in October too! I try to restrain myself from calling about birthday presents too early. but I mean sometimes I see something that I know I'd want and since my mom never knows what to get me...

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that nail polish and those shoes! I have those pants in the black pattern and always love how they look too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Seriously, they're great pants. Super cute and super comfy!

      Delete
  18. Gosh… I could seriously go for a pedicure right now. I'm LOVING your new outfit. You look fabulous in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pedicure is always a good idea! Thank you, it's definitely going to be a repeat offender!

      Delete
  19. OMG ... Fight song, trainwreck and the fact that you use seche vite makes me just love you to pieces. SERIOUSLY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ahhh I AM OBSESSED with fight song!! haha seriouslt blast it and sing it with vigor every 5 seconds that it pops up on my spotify :) I love that nail polish! I need to get my hands on that fast drying top coat because we all know I don't have 5 hours to wait for nail polish to dry haha
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love all of those songs, especially Classic Man! I've loved all of your picks from the sale but I REALLY love those booties!! My birthday is in September and I might be giving my mom a call soon, such a good idea! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's not just me who's obsessed with that song! Isn't it great to have a birthday timed so you can ask for Anniversary Sale stuff?!

      Delete
  22. i wish i could pull off pants like that!!! i have kind of baggy-ish shorts that i wore yesterday and was like "since i've lost weight these look less like huge pajama shorts and more like cute shorts!!" so maybe soon haha.

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are great favorites! I've been better about painting my nails now that it's summer and it's been so nice having them painted! Also, those pants are amazing! They look so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i need a pedi sooo badly. love the color you chose. i can't wait to see trainwreck--i hear it's hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Trainwreck looks super funny! I definitely want to see that! Love the nail color...it looks SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amy Schumer is up there with Tina and Amy in my books - love them. I can't wait to see Trainwreck!

    I can't stop listening to Fight Song - I had first heard it on PLL too and now I'm completely obsessed with it. While I was in Vegas my friend told me that the I Can't Feel My Face song is about doing Molly - or at least thats what her 8th graders told her haha

    ReplyDelete