Northwest Native: Favorite Things: Red, White & Blue

Monday, July 27, 2015

Favorite Things: Red, White & Blue

 I'm linking up with Andrea and Erika for Favorite Things! Today's theme is red, white, and blue. I'm also linking up with Ashley for Monday Madness!

First, I figured I should pay tribute to my beloved anchor top. The top two pictures are from two separate times this month when I wore the top. I had already taken the second picture with this post in mind. Then I wore the top again, forgetting I already took a picture and took the first picture. The first picture is actually a recreation of one I took back in 2013 when I had just bought this top and also just chopped off my hair. I was going to post it but apparently it's no longer in my phone.
The bottom right picture is what I wore on the 4th last year--white scalloped shorts and (shocker!) the anchor top. (I'm sure I was wearing the same white necklace, which I always wear with this top.)
I was about to list the top in the bottom left outfit on Poshmark. It has a collar, and the back is all crocheted on top. I felt cool in this outfit. I don't know how to describe what I mean, but I just did. It was so simple but still felt like a great outfit at the same time. So glad I kept the top!



This next outfit I wore to work one day (when it wasn't crazy hot here...but it was still way too hot for outdoors in the summer--but the office is always over air-conditioned so it worked out). Anyway, it felt like a very grown up and professional red, white, and blue outfit. (Although it's technically burgundy, white, and navy but that's what made it so 'fancy'.)
I didn't get any pictures wearing it and I was way too lazy/boiling hot in my apartment to ever just put it on again for the purpose of taking a picture. So I did one of my flat-lays that is like the ugly step-cousin of real fashion bloggers'/Instagrammers' flat-lays.

This next outfit was accidental. And it's one of my new favorite outfits! Two of my recent favorite outfits have three items in common: swing tank, lariat necklace, and shoes. (See my other favorite outfit in this post.)
swing tank - lariat necklace - skirt (similar, similar) - shoes (similar, similar)
The first similar skirt is the same style of skirt, but it only comes in prints right now. The second is a different style, but the 'flaming tulip' color is the same color as this one. The jacket was a freak Anthropologie find. I don't shop at Anthro because I'm too poor, but I asked my mom for a $78 tunic for Christmas. It was backordered but came in time, and then it was too small. So I exchanged it for a gift card and this beauty was on major sale for $69.95. After tax, I had about $1 left on my gift card. Should I host my first giveaway for a $1 Anthropologie gift card since I know I'll never use it? :)

I'm guessing most people didn't interpret this prompt as red, white and blue clothing, but I don't really have anything else red, white and blue in my life!

Completely Unrelated...

I stumbled upon these shoes last night. I know I'm not supposed to buy shoes...but the two colors I like are $5 off right now, and I have two $5 Target gift cards. That brings them to $10 (and then I have the 5% off with my REDcard and 2% cash back via eBates). So, my question is, which color do you like better? Do you like them at all? Has anyone seen them in person, and if so, did you like them? The reviews on Target's website are mixed and I trust my readers' opinions, so let me know!

At first I wanted the black, but I kind of like how different the pewter is.

-Mattie

25 comments:

  1. So cute! I love that red skirt! And navy pants are my favorite thing to wear to work in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!!! The outfits in this post Mattie!! I love them!! And I like both colors of those shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute!! I hear you on the weather - I feel like it's so hard to get dressed when it's 90+ outside and then freezing in the office!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute outfits. I love the pewter shoes from target! So fab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that skirt and your dog photobombing your pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of the outfits are so cute! I especially love the white pants!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tend to choose more neutral shoes and would normally lean toward the black, but the pewter ones are so cool! Buy both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving the nautical look with the red, white, and blue! Your outfits are darling! And I say go for the shoes. I was just at Target this AM and saw them. They are super cute in person. I actually like the pewter ones better, though both are nice. If you get them, let us know what you think!!! :-)
    BB
    http://thebusybrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the pewter ones and I'm sure they'll make an appearance on the blog!

      Delete
  9. I just found your adorable blog and I must say I love it! The graphic in your header is what really caught my eye! Your anchor top is so cute!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by from the Favorite Things linkup! Love that anchor top and the white/burgundy combo! Burgundy is one of my faaave colors; I wear it constantly through the fall!

    Mariah @ Faith & Fashion
    www.faithandfashionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! I love the idea of burgundy shoes with the white and navy outfit. I would have never thought of that! Thanks for linking up today!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your anchor top! Red looks good on you! I can't pull off red though, so I'd have to have that in navy and white or another bluish tint. Haven't seen either of those shoes before but they look comfy!

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your white, navy and burgandy outfit! So classy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that anchor top and those shoes are so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the red with white shorts! Such a cute look!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you tied all the colors into one color - the red skirt is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love love love the anchor shirt and white necklace! So cute! Those shoes look comfy. I'm excited to hear how they turn out for you! I'd probably go with black but I really like the pewter ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wish I could pull of skirts of that length! That looks so cute on you! Your flat lay is totally on par with "real" bloggers:) And I like how different the pewter are too! I'm sure you have tons of black shoes...be different! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's shorter than it looks because of the angle! I wish I had some knee-length skirts, but I don't! I don't know how they'd look on me either. I ended up buying the pewter shoes. :)

      Delete
  19. The anchor top is super cute! I like nautical print stuff but I have a hard time finding things. I haven't seen those shoes at Target around here but I kind of like the pewter ones!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pewter - definitely!!
    And I love that anchor top. Your work clothes are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  21. these are so cute! love the outfits, esp when an outfit is a happy accident like this!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Alright...your red skirt kills me. You look SO cute!! Everytime I see those shoes on you I feel like I need them too!!

    ReplyDelete