Northwest Native: Cheers to three years!

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Cheers to three years!

July 20th (Monday) was my third anniversary of being with this gem! [I know, I probably should've posted this on the 20th but I have this thing about routine. I wanted to do a weekend recap, as usual, I wanted to do the Summer Reading Challenge link-up the day of, and I just had to do my love/hate list as soon as I possibly could because I was so excited. So, I settled for a belated celebration.]
Yes, he was at my bridal shower. His sisters decided to dress him up, even though they weren't in the running for the prize. And yes, he's making that heart with his hands on purpose.

In less than three months, we'll be married! I know some people think celebrating dating anniversaries are silly, but I like celebrating us every year (actually, twice a year since we have celebrated the anniversary of our engagement on February 8th twice now!). After we're married, we'll only celebrate our wedding anniversary, so I'm soaking up our last pre-wedding anniversary celebration!
This was taken the first time we went to an open house at the spot we ended up choosing as our reception venue! No, that's not his normal smile, he's just being a weirdo.

Last Halloween we both wore Ninja Turtles onesies and dressed Flora in her Packers jersey and Tully in a shark costume from Old Navy.

Here he is being hipster when we visited the pumpkin patch. 

Hahaha. If you didn't realize we were weird before, you will now. We went on a Ride the Ducks tour when my mom was visiting and got these free quacker noisemakers that look like duck beaks. We decided to do a super romantic kissing picture...with our beaks. Thanks for not being too embarrassed to take this for us, Mom.

This was taken last summer at the Mexican restaurant in my home town.

I can't wait to keep making memories like these!

We celebrated by going to the Grill from Ipanema on Sunday. It's a Brazilian steakhouse, which just means you stuff your face with delicious meat and salad bar offerings until you feel like you might explode. Super romantic. ;)

We also celebrated on Monday. We decided to make a fancy dinner. Whenever we buy fish, we buy the cheapest white fish. This time we went to the fancy grocery store (Metropolitan Market) and bought salmon and a fancy salmon rub, fingerling potatoes, and shrimp. I'll just be honest and let you know that Michael cooked it all. I'm kind of iffy on shrimp, so I always tell him he has to make sure it's super flavorful. This sounds weird, but he 'pickled' it--not really in a jar or anything, he just put it in the fridge with vinegar and whatever else you need--and it was really good! Obviously we had to get dessert, so we picked up some gelato to eat at home too.

Today I'm linking up with Rebecca Jo for Thankful Thursday because I am so thankful for this guy!

-Mattie

30 comments:

  1. ahhh - you two are so cute together.
    I love you have your eyes closed for the duck kiss pic :) haha
    It's always so fun to have such a fun person to spend life with - Happy Anniversary!!!! you Newlyweds!!!
    & thanks for linking up with me friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated 3 years!! I love all of these pictures, they show each of your personalities and I love it! I also love that scarf too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary!! You two look like you have a lot of fun together. Eeek, the wedding is close, that's so exciting!!

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from Thankful Thursday. Your fiance' sounds like a real keeper. I wish you many happy years and memories together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I as smiling throughout this whole post. You guys are the cutest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww happy anniversary to you!! You guys are so adorable! I can't believe your wedding is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary!!! You two are so cute! I totally celebrated my dating anniversary and our engagement anniversary before we got married. I still remember the dates too. We both got engaged in February :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww! Adorable! I love posts like this. Super happy for you both, and can't wait to read about your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 3 years is a pretty long time :) Congratulations, y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 3 more months until your wedding?! That's SO exciting!!! Such a cute post, you guys look like you have so much fun together :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! Glad you guys had a nice dinner...gotta love when guys can cook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys are too cute! Your wedding will be here before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Brazilian steakhouses so much- they're so delicious! Sounds like a pretty great way to celebrate to me! I didn't realize you've had such a long engagement, I love that idea! 3 months is so soon-- that's so exciting! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awhhhh happy 3 years! I think celebrating every dating year is totally fine and cute and fun! Oh my gosh the duck tours!! I went on those when I visited Boston last year, it was so cool haha I didn't know they had noise makers! You guys are so cute! happy ALMOST wedding!!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awe! Y'all are too cute! I always celebrated dating anniversaries. I thought people would make fun of me at first, but then I decided who cares!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to you guys! Also my hubby and I totally still celebrate our dating anniversary since we dated for 5 years before getting married

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy three years! These last three months will fly!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You guys are adorable. Happy anniversary! I loved the Duck Tour in Seattle! Super touristy but so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Celebrating any special occasion should be encouraged! Me and my boyf have a tradition of giving each other monthly love letters :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sweet! Happy three years! A duck tour sounds fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awwww, such sweetness here. He totally reminds me of Seth Rogen in Knocked Up for some reason.(Hope you take that as a compliment!!!!). You both are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You two are absolutely adorable together! And I can't believe you'll be a married woman soon. So exciting! I love being married, and you guys look like you have so much fun together. I can't wait for wedding posts to come!
    The Busy Brunette
    http://thebusybrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. y'all are such cuties!! happy anniversary to y'all! loved the trip through memory lane :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy anniversary! Your dogs are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This was so cute. You guys look like a great couple. I can't wait to hear all about the wedding!
    www.jenna-grace.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Weird is FUN! Happy three years. I don't know the actual date (because I'm terrible about these things), but my guy and I realized the other day that we've known each other for 6 years now. We know we met July something 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This was a super sweet post.
    Can't wait to see some of your wedding preparations Mattie.
    And go on and celebrate your dating anniversary, engagement, and wedding anniversary! The more celebrations the better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such fun memories! You two look so happy together :)

    ReplyDelete