Northwest Native: Weekend Recap: Winning Weekend!

Monday, June 22, 2015

Weekend Recap: Winning Weekend!

I'm starting my weekend recap off on Thursday. At about four on Thursday (while we were still at work), Michael said he wanted to do something. He suggested the Mariners game that night. So, we decided to go last minute! Luckily for us, we can walk to the stadiums from our apartment (it's kind of a long walk, but I was skipping the gym to go so I wasn't complaining!).
This is the view from our seats. It started sprinkling and the stadium has a retractable roof, so we got to see it close. It was fascinating! As a born and bred Northwesterner, I was rooting for the M's, but Michael's from the Bay Area, so he was rooting for the Giants. It worked out much better for him since the Giants won 7-0.

When I got home from work on Friday, Michael had cleaned up a bunch of the clutter around the apartment. It was the perfect surprise! Then he made us vodka sodas with lime and chili lime sauce (it sounds weird, but it was like a lighter version of a Bloody Mary). I drank mine while I made zucchini pasta for dinner.

We decided we need to watch less TV, so after dinner we played Up Words. We made it interesting--winner had to buy ice cream at Cupcake Royale. This was just the first time I won this weekend. :)
Enjoying my victory scoop--Stumptown coffee with fudge ribbons. It was delicious.

On our way back, I stopped to take a picture of the view. I love this city!

We also stopped at Cost Plus (it's about three blocks from our apartment, I love it!). I didn't buy any of this, but I choose my wine by the label and these two Ros├ęs had great labels. Rogue Brewing makes unique flavors and I thought the sriracha flavor was interesting.

On Saturday morning we had to get up early because Michael had an MRI (he has bad pain in his right shoulder--we're hoping he won't need surgery). I went to Starbucks for breakfast and to work on finishing The Girl on the Train in time to start the summer reading challenge I posted about yesterday.

Michael made Mexican chicken lettuce wraps for dinner and they were soo good (and healthy)! After dinner, we went across the street to this little basketball court and played HORSE. We played best two out of three and...I won! It really was a winning weekend. :) We'll just ignore the fact that since Michael's right shoulder is hurt (and he's right-handed) he had to shoot with his left arm.

On Sunday we went to brunch at one of our favorite places a few blocks from our apartment, CJ's. They have specials every weekend, and there's always a new french toast special. The first two times we went they had banana bread french toast and marionberry coffee cake french toast. I ordered the french toast special both times of course, and they were delicious. This time I just ordered their regular challah bread french toast (and a side of bacon). So good!

Michael asked if there was anything else I wanted to do. I thought about it and suggested we walk to the Seattle Public Library since I've never been. The outside of the building is really cool (the picture I got isn't great) and the inside didn't disappoint either!
I'm fascinated at how many books there are, even really obscure ones. I can't believe I didn't get a library card sooner. I'll save so much money now!

The rest of the day we read (I'm working on my summer reading challenge list and Michael checked out a giant book), went to the grocery store, and meal-prepped! And of course, we called our dads to wish them a happy Father's Day.

I think we did really well watching less TV! We were able to replace big chunks of time with a game, ice cream, basketball, time at the library and time reading the books we checked out! Plus there was a lot of walking thrown in, so we were able to get some exercise too. I think we'll definitely try to continue this trend, especially on weekends.

How was your weekend?

I'm linking up with Biana for Weekending!

-Mattie

11 comments:

  1. Amazing weekend...mine was spent studying so I'm living vicariously through you

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a great weekend.. mine was spent running errands and fight sleep deprivation!
    wish i had more time to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fantastic weekend! I don't like Bloody Mary's but that vodka soda sounds like something I'd like to try! My two best friends and I choose wine by the label too, our favourite game is to go into the liquor store and choose three different bottles of wine based on how pretty/interesting the labels are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you, Miss Winner! Any time I win anything against Freddie I feel indestructible. Haha, I like the ice cream deal...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like FUN! So jealous you live downtown and can walk places!!! I used to live on Eastlake and it was heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much good food! I'm loving the zoodles! The library looks so beautiful - odd to say lol! Happy monday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your town looks amazing!!!! I love you can get to the stadium in walking distance....
    Seeing Kindles always makes me smile :) Love e-readers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh...that breakfast!!!! YUM! Looks like you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you know with your library card you can get free tickets to museums around Seattle? It's on my to do list for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your weekend sounds like the best weekend! So glad you and Michael can carve out that time for each other :)

    ReplyDelete