I don't normally post on Sundays, but I decided to participate in a reading challenge! I just want to throw a little disclaimer out there. I'm not really expecting to finish...ten books in three months is A LOT for me. So don't judge me too hard if I fail. :)
The Categories & My Choices
- A YA Book - Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult
- Non US Author - Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- A book that was recommended by a blogger - The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty
- A book that has been on your TBR list for a year or more - The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein (okay, so my to-read list on Goodreads has five books I added in 2011...then I started adding books again in March of this year. This was added to that list in March of 2015, but I have actually wanted to read this for well over a year.)
- A book with a kickass female character - Wild by Cheryl Strayed
- A book that is or will be a movie - The Martian by Andy Weir
- A book written by a comedian or celebrity - Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham
- A book with a one word title - Flight by Sherman Alexie
- A suspenseful book - Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
- A book about summer/with summer in the title/somehow related to summer - I need suggestions! Every other book listed I had already wanted to read. I have plenty of others on my to-read list, but none of the titles or descriptions say if they have anything to do with summer. I searched 'summer' on Goodreads and was looking at the highest rated matches, but I think getting suggestions commented/reading other people's choices in the link-up will ensure that I end up reading a good book, not just finding something random to fulfill the requirement.
I was going to talk briefly about each of my choices, explaining why I wanted to read them or how I heard about them, etc. but I figured just the list is good for now. I can list the explanations as I read them (there will be link-ups to report our progress on the 21st of July and August and the final result on September 21st).
I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull this off. I'm going to have to be more diligent about reading. If I don't finish in time, though, I'm going to just continue posting about my progress until I'm done! At least this will help me check off some books that are on my very long to-read list, even if I don't finish in time! I'm starting off with Wild, since it was next on my list to read anyway.