Northwest Native: Weekend Recap: Good Omens

Monday, May 11, 2015

Weekend Recap: Good Omens

Sometimes, you're getting ready for work on a Friday morning and your mom texts you, "Oh, how cool!" out of the blue. What? Did you mean to send that to someone else, Mom? And then, this happens:
And you immediately head to Shaeffer's blog to see it with your own eyes. Yep, I won a $100 gift card to Joe Fresh! I immediately emailed to claim my prize. :) I don't own anything Joe Fresh, so I'm excited to do some online shopping.

After that perfect beginning to my morning, I got to walk to work in awesome weather. And a stop for Starbucks on the way didn't hurt.
And it was made even better because I had a code to get any grande drink for $3. Gotta love the perks of being a My Starbucks Rewards member.

I was also heading for a short work day, since I was getting off at 2:30 to meet with the administrator of the church that we're getting married in. I was also loving my outfit, and wearing this maxi skirt for the first time--I love wearing something new for the first time. I'd say those were some preeeetty good omens that an amazing weekend was in store. :)

I said in Friday's post that I would be taking advantage of triple points at Nordstrom on Saturday. We ended up going on Friday after we got done at the church instead. I found a strapless bra, and when I was checking out the girl asked if I wanted to sign up for a Nordstrom credit card. I already had a debit card, but I'd been wanting a credit card (mostly so I could order multiple sizes of something online without depleting my bank account). And of course, when you open a new Nordstrom account, you automatically get a $20 Nordstrom note if you spend $100 that day...so I went home to order some stuff to push me to $100 after the $42 bra. Fortunately, I had three items on my wishlist that added up to $64. And I'll get triple points on all of this, plus two $20 Nordstrom notes heading my way, so that means I can't feel guilty, right?!

On Saturday we headed to a thrift store to try and find a vintage suitcase for the cards at our wedding.
 Inspiration // Our suitcase
We're going to create some sort of cute sign that says cards, and maybe we'll add a picture like the inspiration photo does. When I went to take a picture of the suitcase we bought, Tully came running over, so I figured I'd let her be in the blog photo. :)

And after the thrift store, we went to the International District to wander around Uwajimaya, a huge international market. I loooved this decor: the fake cherry blossoms with lights, paper lanterns, and even the color of the ceiling.
 We were really tempted by some green tea Kit Kats. We've never tried them! But they only came in big packages, not individually, and we knew we'd either scarf them all down if we liked them or waste them all if we didn't!

We went to James Bay's show at a small venue within walking distance of our apartment on Sunday. Michael discovered him and plays his songs a lot and I like them. Tickets were only $15 each so definitely worth it! I can't give you a recap because it starts at 8 and I have to start work at 6:30 on Monday, so I'll be getting home and passing out immediately. :)

The rest of Saturday and Sunday was filled with cleaning, gym time, and just hanging out! This was our last free one before our three busy weekends in a row, so low-key was perfect. Hope everyone else had a great weekend!

-Mattie

4 comments:

  1. I have to figure out how to do Nordstrom. Every time I walk into that store I feel overwhelmed! Haha I find such cute clothes online and then when I get to the store I can't find anything! I skipped it this weekend and shopped at the outlet mall:) It sounds like you are a Nordstrom pro, though! So exciting that you won Sheaffer's giveaway!!! That's a perfect Friday morning surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a suitcase for cards. How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah those store card credit promos are always so hard not to jump on, but be careful bc they aren't as good to your credit score compared to a real credit card. Love the suitcase card box (we almost did that too). Can't wait to see how your wedding turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh! CONGRATS on winning!! winning ANYTHING is amazing. like a few months ago I won sequins hangers and i was like… I AM THE CHAMPION OF THE WORRRLDDD!!! haha. :)

    ReplyDelete