Northwest Native: Viva la Mexico!

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Viva la Mexico!

If you've read my mini bio to the right, you know that I'm a Mexican food fanatic. Conveniently enough, Michael is a really good cook. He's also one-eighth Mexican, and his cooking has taken a turn towards Mexican cuisine lately. We actually got the opportunity to go to Mexico for a few days in March through my job. I thought for my Cinco de Mayo post, why not show you some of the pictures from our trip?
This was taken in front of the resort on the first night. There was a beach party with dinner, drinks, and entertainment. And I'm wearing the most comfortable and flattering maxi from Old Navy.
These were taken in Bucerías, which was about a 30-minute walk down the beach from our resort. The picture of the tacos isn't the greatest, but they were the best fish tacos I've ever had. They were from a place called Taco Fish.
 We were eating dinner at the taco bar at our resort. The tacos were good, but definitely not as good as the tacos you could get at local restaurants off the resort. (PSA: I don't really have an orange forehead, that's from my camera's flash.)
These were also taken in Bucerías. Yes, the second picture was taken at Taco Fish. We went for lunch two days in a row. It was that good. We also got Mexican Cokes both times because a) it was sweltering and b) Mexican Coke is waaay better than American Coke.
We took a cab into Puerto Vallarta (we were staying in Nuevo Vallarta) on our last full day. I love the Day of the Dead/sugar skull stuff. I had to take a picture of this Elvis one. I also though this church with the flags out front was really pretty.
 I'll end it with some pictures of the scenery. It was gorgeous!

I'm linking up with Jessica and Katie for Tuesday Talk!
-Mattie

5 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! One of my very best friends is from Mexico! She makes A-Mazing food!! :) Thanks for linking up with Tuesday Talk! I'd love for you to stop by my site - I'm one of the co-hosts and am giving away a great Mother's Day inspired prize! Check it out: www.sarahefrazer.com
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks like a great trip! I'd love to visit there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip! And I'm a huge Mexican food fan too. I purposfully made Mexican food yesterday for Cinco de Mayo, but, I realized even if I didn't make it on purpose, we probably would have eaten anyway. HA!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. The church with the papel picado is beautiful. Perfect timing to share your trip

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang, that looks awesome!!!! What a beautiful place. I love that church! Thanks again for linking up with us for Tuesday Talk! I'm really enjoying getting to know you better :) -Jess
    Sweet Little Ones

    ReplyDelete