Northwest Native: Third Thursday Threads: Legs For Days

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Third Thursday Threads: Legs For Days

Today I'm linking up with Briana for Third Thursday Threads.
The theme this month was bare legs. It was rainy and gray the week before I took these pictures so I didn't know if I'd be able to make it work, but thankfully it was hot this day. Also, these are my very first outfit photos ever so that explains all the awkward to follow.

 I'm actually built with a long torso and short legs, so a more appropriate title for this post might be 'legs for a day' or 'legs for hours.' So, without further ado... (Can you tell I'm stalling because I'm nervous? Well, I am.)

ONE MORE THING! Please excuse the weird facial expressions...we only took about five pictures because I felt extremely weird having a photo shoot with people driving and walking by we had to run to the grocery store so we were in a hurry. And I looked at them and thought I looked insane but oh well. (The facial expression in the first picture was so bad I had to cut my head off. Oops.)

Awkward pose! And I forgot to take my Fitbit off, as per usual. These are probably my favorite shoes currently. (Apparently there's a stain on my shirt...didn't see that until I enlarged the picture. Cool!)

I bought this chambray when it was on crazy sale and Target was running a promo. My old chambray had seen better days.

I love these shorts! They're so comfy and fun, and they can be dressed up or down. I'm not quite sure about the shirt and shorts together. Maybe I'd have to wear it for a full day and just see if people give me weird looks. :)

Outfit details:
Top // Target
Shorts // Old Navy
Shoes // Nordstrom
Necklace - old // similar
Just wanted to clarify that I don't get paid for any of this...but if any of these stores wanted to send me free stuff I'm game! ;)

I guess this is my take on patterned shorts, one of the trends I featured in Monday's post. Hopefully I'll get better at outfit pictures in the future!

Linking up with Astleigh for The Pick!

-Mattie

16 comments:

  1. love, love, love the shorts! So cute! I think I might venture into patterned shorts this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I need another pair (or five!) of patterned shorts. :)

      Delete
  2. You looks adorable. I'd feel weird taking pictures like this too, I don't go further than my driveway, so only my neighbors think I'm crazy 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) Living in an apartment my options are limited. I think next time I'm going to stick with the alley (instead of an open parking lot), which was my original plan! Ha!

      Delete
  3. I have yet to venture out of my house for any outfit pics. Baby steps, right? Love the shorts!
    "The Busy Brunette"
    http://thebusybrunette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If my apartment weren't so cramped and messy I would not have left it! :) Thank you!

      Delete
  4. This is adorable! It always makes me laugh when people apologize for things that probably wouldn't have been noticeable by anyone else anyway. I love your outfit, and your word choice. Have a happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And I'm definitely my own worst critic. :)

      Delete
  5. Ummm those shoes are 33% off and I really really want them in black! Also loving this top, might have to get it too. I hate being in pics by myself. It is so awkward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've been 33% off since I bought them in March! I don't know how the black isn't sold out (and my color must've sold out recently, I swear they had some the other day) because they're not only cute, but so comfy!

      Delete
  6. Ahhh love love love those shoes!! And the shorts are so cute and they look so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The shoes and shorts are both really comfortable!

      Delete
  7. Super cute outfit! Outfit photos get easier over time, I promise! These shorts are super cute - I need to start shopping at Old Navy more often :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm going to try to take some more this weekend for practice. :) Old Navy has been killing it lately...I think at least five of my favorite pieces from this season are from there!

      Delete
  8. CUTE! you're the cutest! i love this!!! i loooove the patterned shorts AND i love your shoes!

    ReplyDelete