Northwest Native: Meal Prep & Bridal Showers & Outfits, Oh My!

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Meal Prep & Bridal Showers & Outfits, Oh My!

It's the last Wednesday of the month, Since Fran emailed that her budget link-up was going live on Wednesday (and I had originally planned for Thursday), I had to choose which post to do on the right day! I opted for budget, so you get my What's Up Wednesday on a Thursday! I'm linking up with Shaeffer, Shay, and Mel! And I'm actually going to answer all of the questions instead of just one unlike last time. :)
Sorry if the formatting is off in this post...I keep changing the font size to the one I want but preview shows it as smaller for some sections. Maybe when it's published it won't be all messed up, but I'm not sure! (If it is still messed up, does anyone know how to fix it?! It doesn't make sense! I change both the size and format, but it doesn't do anything!)

 What we're eating this week

I mentioned Tuesday that we decided to meal prep for the first time this week. I've wanted to for a long time, but it seemed like a lot of work. Michael sent me an article (I wish I could find the link, but I can't!) and the author was talking about his or her $2.50 lunches (we did the math, ours are less than $2 each!), and compared to going out for lunch every day (we never go out for lunch on work days anyway) calculated how much money they had saved over x amount of years. Their formula was a protein, a grain, and a veggie or two. We went with chicken, whole wheat couscous from Trader Joe's, corn and onions in half, and kale and onions in the other half. We also bought a few low calorie sauces and some sun dried tomatoes which can be used as toppings to add variety.
 I'm way too excited about this. Usually I make a sandwich when I come home, and I'm happy to be able to just grab something already prepped!
 

What I'm reminiscing about

My bridal shower and bachelorette party are this weekend so I'm reminiscing about my relationship with Michael! I can't believe the wedding is in less than five months. After knowing each other for almost six years, being officially together for almost three, and being engaged for over two, there are a lot of memories.
This is our first picture together, ever. Yes it's a weird angle and Michael put this filter on it for some reason.
 Eating giant hot dogs covered in bacon at a Sounders game.
 At the top of the Space Needle on my 23rd birthday.

What I'm loving

I'm loving finding more and more great blogs to read! Before I started blogging, I read five blogs every day, and occasionally would check out others if they were featured or something. Now I like to go to link-ups and check out a lot of the posts, plus I follow a lot more bloggers than I used to. The downfall is all the cute stuff they post when you're on a shopping ban.
 

What I've been up to

Working, running, blogging, getting wedding invitations ordered (!), not shopping (at least not buying anything, if you read my budget post yesterday, you know that I broke the shopping ban--oops!).

What I'm dreading

Working all day today! We're headed to my parents' after work tonight, and I'm working ten hours, so I just know the day will drag because it's extra long and because I'll be looking forward to starting my (five day) weekend!

What I'm excited about

This weekend! All eight of my bridesmaids are able to make it (four of them have to fly in from out of state) and I'm excited to see all of them and that they get to meet each other before the wedding weekend.

What I'm watching/reading

I recently discussed what I'm watching here, and nothing has really changed. We still watch Friends in bed before we go to sleep and we don't have any shows currently airing on TV or any other Netflix shows that we watch together. On days when I work at 8 and Michael works at 7, I usually watch an episode of whatever I'm watching on Netflix after he leaves while I do my makeup. Currently, that's Pretty Little Liars (yes, I know...). But two weeks ago I was working early, last week he was working at 7:45, and this week I'm working early again, so it just hasn't happened. I'm glad I decided to post this on Thursday instead of Wednesday because Extreme Weight Loss came back on Tuesday and we recorded it and watched it last night. I am obsessed with this show. It's the only reality show I watch. When the last season ended, Michael and I searched for a good substitute on Netflix or On Demand. (Biggest Loser doesn't work since it's a season-long competition; each episode of Extreme Weight Loss is a new person or pair, so it's a totally different dynamic.)
 Popcorn and PLL (no, I was not eating popcorn for breakfast--this was a rare time I watched in the evening).
I'm currently reading Three Wishes by Liane Moriarty. It's my second book by her and I'm liking it, but finding it a lot more predictable than What Alice Forgot. I plan to read all of her books.
 

What I'm listening to

I included these three songs in my Friday Favorites last week! These are three of my faves right now.
Shut Up And Dance by Walk The Moon
Want To Want Me by Jason Derulo
Best Fake Smile by James Bay

What I'm wearing

And these are some of my favorite outfits from this month.
 Three different days, three different maxi looks.

 I felt fierce in this outfit (and I feel like a dork saying fierce). Red, black, and strappy, high, skinny, leopard print heels? Hardcore. Plus I love my new lariat necklace (been wanting one for a long time!) and I especially love how it looks with this black dress. I will always pair gold jewelry with black. I love them together.

 I loved how springy this look was. // I liked this look, but it would've been even better with white pants!

What I'm doing this weekend

Not to beat a dead horse, but, it's my bridal shower/bachelorette weekend!

What I'm looking forward to next month

Lots of free weekends, warm weather, and getting wedding invitations sent out!

What else is new

I hate this question! Even when I haven't just told my whole life story leading up to it, I can never think of anything to say. So if you want to know what's new, go back and read the post again! :)

-Mattie

9 comments:

  1. Have so much fun this weekend!
    I've read all of Liane Moriarty's books, love her writing style!
    Thanks for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too many posts, too little time! Ha, glad you got them all in – sometimes it just takes a little moving around! Enjoy your bridal shower AND bachelorette party – both of mine were last summer and I was actually recently reminiscing about them as summer starts for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to think the same exact thing about meal prepping! Enjoy your weekend, it sure does fly by! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy every second of this weekend!!! I got married last year and often reminisce about my showers and my bachelorette party! It was one of my favorite weekends ever! All my girls in one place?? Other than your wedding day, that will probably never happen again!!! Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - sounds like you have a really fun weekend coming up! Hope you have THE BEST time! Enjoy!
    "The Busy Brunette"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those hot dogs at the Sounders game...yum! I'm attempting to go to the game on Sunday, with both kiddos. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha I love your quote about seeing cute things people post when you're on a shopping ban! Reading blogs can be the WORST for your budget! :) I find clothing and home decor ideas every day that I constantly have to talk myself out of. I totally understand! ha. :) -Erica @ Whimsical September

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your wedding planning!!! And especially your wedding weekend :) My summer last year was spent preparing for my July 26th wedding, so this summer feels empty! haha And yes, I love reading new blogs now that I'm getting more into blogging!

    ReplyDelete