Northwest Native: Manic May!

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Manic May!

Today I'm linking up with Holly for her Waiting on Wednesday series!


Right now, I'm waiting on our crazy busy month to get under way!

This past weekend, I had an appointment on Saturday. Michael's dad was in town Sunday so we spent the day with him. On Tuesdays our wedding reception venue has an open house in the evenings, so we headed over there last night to do some measuring so we can figure out how many strands of lights we'll need, and what lengths.

I have a dentist appointment Thursday and we have an appointment to meet with the administrator of the church where we're getting married on Friday. That means off work early two days in a row...and making up the hours by going in early this week.

On Friday the 17th we fly down to Oakland to stay with Michael's family and see his younger sister graduate from UC Berkeley (I have to Google that word every time!). I'll be taking Friday off and working four tens that week to make up for it. We're flying out of Portland (like we usually do so we can drop the pups off at my parents' house) so that means a late-ish drive down on Thursday night and an early flight the next morning.

On the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend I'm a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding! Friday night the other bridesmaids and myself will be getting together with the bride and having a fun night. Then Saturday will be consumed with wedding activities!

On Saturday, May 29th my two lovely maids of honor and my mom (and some other bridesmaids) will be throwing me a bridal shower brunch at my mom's house. That night, my bridesmaids and I plus some other girlfriends are heading to the Oregon Coast to stay in a rented beach house for my bachelorette party. I'm so excited for this! I'll be taking Friday, Monday, and Tuesday off that weekend...I'll be making up some of those hours, but definitely not all.

With all that going on, I'm reeeally thankful that my employer is so willing to grant me all this time off (and allow me to make up some of it by working longer days!).

Our weekends are generally low-key. We hang out at home, we get outside if it's nice, sometimes we'll go shopping or see a movie. Having three busy weekends in a row is tough for us! It happened in March too, and while it was all good things, it was exhausting and I was ready for our first laid back weekend after that stretch.

Wish me luck, I may need it!

-Mattie

2 comments:

  1. Phew! That's a lot of fun things on your horizon!!! So exciting! Thank you for sharing at Waiting on...Wednesday! So happy to have you! Hope to see you back next week!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this will be quite the busy month for you! So many exciting things!

    ReplyDelete