Northwest Native: Friday IS my favorite!

Friday, May 8, 2015

Friday IS my favorite!

I'm linking up with Andrea, Erika, and Narci again for Friday Favorites!


I'm also linking up with Astleigh for The Pick!

 Number One: Fridays!

I love Fridays for a few reasons. For one, I get off work a half hour earlier because I take a half hour lunch. I have to take an hour lunch Monday-Thursday to go home and take the dogs out. I also have to drive to work on those days in order to do so. I do love being able to go home and see the pups during the work day, but it's nice that when Friday rolls around, I can choose to walk to work and take a half hour lunch because Michael either doesn't work or only works until 1.
I also love casual Friday. My faux Keds are perfect for Fridays when I walk to work. My half hour lunch breaks on Fridays are pretty much always reserved for a walk to Starbucks. This was last Friday, and there's a pretty pink cake pop in that pretty pink bag.

Number Two: Fitbit

I love my Fitbit. I've had it for almost a year. Last June, Michael went to visit his parents and I stayed home. His mom had an extra Jawbone Up and he was interested, but it wasn't compatible with his phone. I get a call from Michael saying they were at Best Buy getting a Fitbit for him and his mom wanted to know if I wanted one. She's so sweet! I didn't really know anything about them, but I said sure.
I'm so happy I ended up getting one because it is a huge motivator! I love to see my stats at the end of the day, and it's such a satisfying feeling when all my goals are green. The only unfortunate thing is it's not very cute. It's a black rubber bracelet...doesn't really make a fashion statement. I actually forgot to take it off trying on wedding dresses, so now if people ask to see the picture of my dress I have to throw in a disclaimer before I show them: "No, I will not be wearing my Fitbit to the wedding."

Number Three: This!

This was posted to Facebook, so I don't have a source--if you know the original source let me know and I'll link to it!
I love me some Taylor, and I am not ashamed. And even if you aren't a Swift fan, you can apply this idea to anything else in your life!

Number Four: Bucket Bags

I've been loving bucket bags lately. I really want one, but since I bought my Kate Spade (my color is back and on sale again!) I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to change purses for a while. Like, not until fall when the bright coral color is no longer appropriate.
Street Level // Sole Society
The cognac Sole Society one is my favorite, but it comes in black too. Maybe I should just snatch one up now and I can switch purses in the fall? (I'm like a Boy Scout, always prepared!)

Number Five: This great news!

This incredible news is probably my absolute favorite from the week. My two dogs are rescues from this same shelter in Thailand. (I'll do a post on how and why we chose this route some day.) Reese was also lost just a few blocks from our apartment. I have been following this story since the beginning, and I'm so happy it has a happy ending.

Number Six: Triple Points at Nordstrom!

Nordstrom is doing triple points May 6th-May 10th so I'm heading there on Saturday! I think I'm going to get fitted for a strapless bra (boring...) but if budget allows, these two beauties from my wish list are coming home with me!

That's it for my Friday Favorites this week! I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

-Mattie

12 comments:

  1. hi let's be friends, just saying.
    target has 3 packs of fitbit covers that are actually kind of cute. i got the pack that has a sea foam green, grey chevron & light pink. the light pink is ultra dirty so i should probably switch it out. but you should get those!!! you could look on etsy, too.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are taking my daughter to her first concert to see Taylor Swift for her birthday a little later this month! I can't wait to see her face! I am in love with bucket bags! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen some really cute bracket covers for the Fitbit! I can't remember where though, so I guess that was pointless to say, ha!

    I remember carrying bucket bags in elementary school, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fridays are THE best! As is getting out early for the weekend! I might have to get on the Fitbit train soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I'm a Taylor Swift fan too....or am I too old for that? Haha Sounds like you had a fabulous week! Have a great weekend! -Jess
    Sweet Little Ones

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a fitbit??? You must tell me more :) I'm looking at getting one but not sure if I want to make the jump, $99 is a lot to pay for a tracker that i have no experience with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the price threw me off in the beginning. I wouldn't have bought one for myself since I didn't know anything about them, but since mine was bought for me, I think I'd definitely spend the money to replace it some day, maybe even with one of the more expensive models!

      I think there's one that's a little bit cheaper that's a clip-on instead of a bracelet, so you can clip it to your waistband or bra or something. But maybe that one's $99 now, I'm not sure!

      Delete
  7. I LOVE my fitbit but hate how tacky it looks with everything. I'm too cheap (aka on a budget) right now or else I'd buy a cover for it or a different colour band.

    Not sure if you know but you are a no-reply blogger - I went to reply via email to your comments on my blog and couldn't and didn't find an email address on here to do so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I would looove to get the gold Tory Burch band for it, but that will never happen. Crazy expensive.

      Am I still?! Someone else told me I was a no-reply blogger too so I Google'd how to fix it earlier today (they said to just check the 'display email on profile' or something) and I did that.

      Delete
  8. Mattie, I'm loving your faux Keds!!
    And a cake pop is never a bad idea :)
    Hope you're having a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those faux keds!! And what a great price - I may have to pick some up. I (unashamedly) love me some catchy T. Swift songs too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you're looking for the best Bitcoin exchange company, then you should pick YoBit.

    ReplyDelete