Northwest Native: Friday Favorites: Foodie Forever

Friday, May 22, 2015

Friday Favorites: Foodie Forever

I'm linking up with AndreaErika, and Narci again for Friday Favorites!


I've noticed that I always seem to include some sort of food in my Friday Favorites posts. I think this sums me up very well. Two of my faves this week are, you guessed it, food! I just can't help it. :)

Number One: This Greasy Deliciousness

I'm not a big fast food person (I do love burgers and fries and such but prefer to get them from places other than McDonald's...like Burgerville, Kidd Valley, Dick's, Zippy's...). The two things that would make me want to go to McDonald's are the chocolate sundae and this: the sausage McGriddle.
I know that it's full of chemicals and grease and calories and fat and would probably slowly kill me from the inside if I ate it often enough, but I pretty much only ever get it at the airport (and it has to be before 11 a.m., which not all of my flights are) so I allow myself this delicious indulgence.

Number Two: Chocolate & Inspiration in one!

I love chocolate. At the graduation party, there were Dove chocolates in gold wrappers (caramel filled) and navy wrappers (I don't know what they were, why would I eat those when there are CARAMEL FILLED ones?!) to match the theme. I ate approximately 900,000 of the caramel ones, and I love that they all have those little compliments or inspiration inside the wrappers.
Dove obviously knows that I lack self-control around chocolate, so they just want to make me feel less guilty about it. This one was my favorite.

Number Three: PDX Carpet/Portland Is Weird

If you live in the Northwest or have been to Portland, you'll know that the carpet at the Portland airport has a cult following. They make socks, shirts, and other merchandise in the PDX carpet print. It's really common for people flying out/in to take selfies of their feet on the carpet. Well, they decided to replace it and people were NOT happy about it. They actually made PDX Carpet the Grand Marshal of a parade this year.
Doesn't he look friendly? (Now you know why they say, 'Keep Portland weird.') He went to a "meet-and-greet" in March. This is hilarious to me, and I love (and fully support) it. Adidas is also releasing a new Damian Lillard shoe in the PDX carpet pattern, and Michael said he's buying them. I'm crossing my fingers that he wasn't joking when he said that!

Number Four: Flamingooooos!

I love all things flamingo these days. Specifically fashion-wise. I'm loving the entire Kate Spade flamingo collection...just look at this gorgeous picture from Nordstrom's Facebook page. *swoon* I'm especially loving the wallet, but I just know that that white leather would get so dirty and I would cry. (Also I can't afford pretty much anything in the collection right now...if I had an iPhone 6 I'd immediately buy the phone case, though.)
I was reading Katie's blog and she posted these TOMS that I now feel like I desperately need (*insert me breathing into a paper bag and repeating the words 'shopping ban' over and over in my head*).

 

Number Five: Upbeat Songs That Sound Like Summer!

I'm super into all the upbeat songs on the radio right now. For some reason, they make me feel like it's summer time! Here are three of my faves!
Shut Up And Dance by Walk The Moon
Want To Want Me by Jason Derulo
Best Fake Smile by James Bay
We saw James Bay live a few weeks ago and you can't really distinguish between him recorded and live. It's always disappointing when an artist sounds awesome on the radio but not live. I was really happy with his performance!

Number Six: My Wedding Shoes!

You guys...I have been looking forever for shoes to wear for my wedding. Michael is taller than me, but if I wear tall heels or wedges, I'll be taller than him. So I wanted flats or very low wedges both for aesthetic reasons as well as comfort. I was hoping for gold (because it's our accent color and it's neutral) or cobalt blue (as my something blue!). I came across a pin on Pinterest and one of the pairs of shoes pictured looked PERFECT...so I crossed my fingers and clicked through. I found them on the David's Bridal website!
The only review said that she sized up (a half size) because they ran short. I decided I'm not a David's Bridal fan because 1) you can't return online orders in store and 2) they don't let you check to see if an item on the website is available in store! So I ordered a pair in size 11 (my regular size) and one in a 12. I'm pretty worried one will be too small and the other too big. And I'm annoyed that whatever I return I have to pay return shipping on. But I just had to risk it for these babies! (My shopping ban is still in place...I consider wedding stuff more of a need, so it's not included in my ban.)

I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding on Saturday, and Friday is a low-key bachelorette celebration. I love that it's a three day weekend because that means we still have two days to do whatever else even with Saturday being so full and busy! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

-Mattie 

25 comments:

  1. Oh the PDX carpet... I tried to explain all the hype to my parents and I wasn't even possible, why is it even popular? Love the Toms and LOVE your wedding shoes, I hope they work out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just so retro and crazy colors! I don't know how it started, but I'm totally on the bandwagon :) hahaha. Thank you, I really hope the work too!

      Delete
  2. I seriously love opening Dove chocolate to read the inside foil. And flamingos...oh my goodness I love them and those TOMS! How fun! Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  3. I was reading that PDX carpet thing and I was thinking "Oh I wonder if she heard about the Lillard shoes" haha you read my mind! Also I thought you were in Portland when I saw that and I was going to say we need to meet up!! Which we do when you are here and have time :) Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, we do need to meet up! I'll be down there again one of these days. And I love that I inspired a playlist for you. :) Haha!

      Delete
  4. PS you just inspired my new spotify playlist called Upbeat Summer

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - LOVE those shoes! SO PRETTY!!!!

    "The Busy Brunette"
    http://thebusybrunette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hate the new PDX carpet so much. if someone hashtags it as "#pdxcarpet" i get SO MAD and clarify "#newpdxcarpet." it's so ugly. i'm so sad. it breaks my heart. the old carpet was the best.

    the old carpet deserves to be grand marshall of everything. i hope the old carpet runs for mayor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously...I'm not sure why they wouldn't just replace the carpet with an exact replica (or not replace it at all #dirtycarpet). I will move to Portland JUST so I can vote in the mayoral race for the PDX carpet.

      Delete
  7. Love the pretty flamingo accessories and your bridal shoes are perfect plus they look comfy too! Thanks for stopping by today:)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a girl after my own heart!! Love me a yummy McGriddles, chocolate & sweet words (yes, please!), I'm adoring all the cute flamingo goodies that are out right now, & I wear a size 11 shoe too! lol :) I adore your wedding shoes! They're gorgeous! Have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to see I'm not alone with the 11's! Thank you! Have a great weekend, too!

      Delete
  9. LOL at the carpet ! Cracked me up :-)

    Hugs,
    Mila
    milaslittlethings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Portlanders are very passionate about their carpet! Ha!

      Delete
  10. Hey! Saw your comment on my page and wanted to stop by! :) I also tend to have a food-themed favorite every Friday! Food as a favorite is a no-brainer :) And LOVE those summer jams!! Have a wonderful weekend and congrats on your upcoming wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope your weekend was (and still is!) great!

      Delete
  11. LOVE those wedding shoes… and yeah I've noticed flamingos are all the rage. those Toms are super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those Kate Spade bags are to. die. for. adorable!! So obsessed with flamingos! Dove chocolates are ALL the bomb but the caramel filled ones are just on a whole other level of deliciousness so I totally get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only somewhere less expensive would make some similar flamingo stuff so I could get my hands on it! Hope you're having a great weekend!

      Delete
  13. You should try to McDonald's bacon, egg and cheese bagel. It is amazing. And so bad...but so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, I love bagels, so I'm sure I would love that!

      Delete